Sookkyyy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,
Just got a couple of questions about the RAF as i'm currently applying and my next step is my physical test.
1. How much leave would I be able to get during Basic Training and during Trade Training? Enough to go and visit my girlfriend or just to local towns etc?
2. During both Basic and Trade training is there any chance that I would have time/space to either take and use a computer or a laptop?
3. What are the rooms like during training? Is it a dorm room type layout or is it more private, like a shared or even single room?

Thanks in advance
RAF_Adam
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sookkyyy)
Hi,
Just got a couple of questions about the RAF as i'm currently applying and my next step is my physical test.
1. How much leave would I be able to get during Basic Training and during Trade Training? Enough to go and visit my girlfriend or just to local towns etc?
2. During both Basic and Trade training is there any chance that I would have time/space to either take and use a computer or a laptop?
3. What are the rooms like during training? Is it a dorm room type layout or is it more private, like a shared or even single room?

Thanks in advance
Hi

Watch ALL of these, they're slightly dated, but the accommodation, information and what to expect are still correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHml...4FE915BF943C59

You will only get the leave given to you by the course during Phase One (Basic) training. Occasionally you may not even get that if the rest of the course is slipping. Unless there's block leave (for the whole station) during your course (summer or Christmas etc).

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (197)
24.29%
Pop (196)
24.17%
Jazz (33)
4.07%
Classical (46)
5.67%
Hip-Hop (154)
18.99%
Electronic (54)
6.66%
Indie (131)
16.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise