Bf told me he loves me late Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I asked my bf when he knew he loved me and he said about 2 months in. But he didn’t actually express this to me until 4 months in... why is this
Jamie_1712
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe he didn’t love you back then. It takes time to develop such strong feelings. Maybe he also struggles to tell other people exactly how he feels.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Jamie_1712)
Maybe he didn’t love you back then. It takes time to develop such strong feelings. Maybe he also struggles to tell other people exactly how he feels.
He hinted at it 3 months in... but we were recently talking about another couple who’ve decided to get married within months of knowing each other and he said ‘how can you love each other in 3 months’ lol
Jamie_1712
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
He hinted at it 3 months in... but we were recently talking about another couple who’ve decided to get married within months of knowing each other and he said ‘how can you love each other in 3 months’ lol
I have the same stance as him. I don’t think you can develop feelings of love that quickly. Maybe what you’re feeling isn’t love?

Oh and btw, that marriage will last 6 months most. If it even goes through 😂
Last edited by Jamie_1712; 4 weeks ago
heartbreaker666
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I asked my bf when he knew he loved me and he said about 2 months in. But he didn’t actually express this to me until 4 months in... why is this
maybe because he was thinking about breaking up and then settled for you
username3917068
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Are you being serious? Why does it matter?

Stop overthinking and just be grateful that you have a bf who apparently loves you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by heartbreaker666)
maybe because he was thinking about breaking up and then settled for you
Don’t think that’s ever crossed his mind
heartbreaker666
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
His? HOW DARE YOU ASSUME their gender
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you actually asked him what love means to him? Why should he be in a hurry to tell you that he loves you? He would need to check you out and think first and that takes time. If he said it after a week would you have believed him?
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He didn't want to scare you off. Premature L-words can send people packing.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by heartbreaker666)
His? HOW DARE YOU ASSUME their gender
Issues! Passive aggressive!
Chloe750
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It took my girlfriend a while to say she loved me - I said it first but without any expectation of her saying it back. She took maybe a month longer before she told me she loved me. She loved me before but saying I love you is a BIG thing as so she wanted to be sure that's what she really felt before she said it. She would say things like "I'm falling for you" which was her way of trying to say she loved me but she just wasn't ready to say it yet.

It is completely normal for people to feel as tho they love someone a while before they say it. It happened with my best friend and her partner - he was just scared to say it even tho he knew he loved her.

It isn't anything that you should feel upset or angry about as long as you are sure that he means it when he now says he loves you. Some people just take time to express how they feel.
Anonymous #1
Thank you
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Never mind what he SAYS. How does he BEHAVE towards you. Talk's cheap. Actions aren't.

When he is with you, are you happy enough to be in his company?
If yes, carry on and enjoy your time with him, regardless of what he says or doesn't say.
If no, dump him and more on to someone else, regardless of what he says.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He didn't feel ready to tell you that soon.
Anonymous #1
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (35)
7.25%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (285)
59.01%
No (163)
33.75%

Watched Threads