The Student Room Group

Late application

Hi, hoping for help - because of a couple of reasons I have applied late for finance - ie today 19.8. Is it possible to ask SFE to speed things up in any way? If not, is it often the stated full 6 weeks of processing that it takes? (my course starts starts first week Oct, so would be v close) Cheers.
Original post by greenandy9
Hi, hoping for help - because of a couple of reasons I have applied late for finance - ie today 19.8. Is it possible to ask SFE to speed things up in any way? If not, is it often the stated full 6 weeks of processing that it takes? (my course starts starts first week Oct, so would be v close) Cheers.

There's no way to speed up the SFE end. All you can do is make sure that you have provided everything required and send off any evidence and signed forms ASAP.

Make sure you speak to your university - they might be able to help you cope with the first week or so if things aren't sorted in time.
Original post by greenandy9

Hi there,

We cannot speed up the application due to submitting it late. Applications usually take around six weeks provided that everything was submitted correctly and all requirements are met. If there is an outstanding evidence request or any discrepancies with your application then it will take longer to process.

Regards,
Nihad
Reply 3
what if there's no 'to do list' on your account so there's no way of knowing what specific evidence is needed. i've called then already and i'm getting contradicting informations. before i was told that everything is fine and i should wait. 9 weeks later i'm told there's more evidence needed, i only know this because i called sfe 2 times this week. also i had to call twice before that, just do i can get the evidence i sent back after waiting 4 weeks. i'm confused know and considering sending a formal complaint.
Hi Yusaf,

Have you applied for undergraduate or postgraduate funding? Is your course full time or part time?

What evidence have you been asked to send?
Thanks, Tégan
Reply 5
i applied for undergraduate funding as i will be starting the 2nd year of my full-time course

i was asked to send 'eligibility evidence' as my refugee leave to remain expired. so i sent in my new original ILR card back on 10th june 2019. unfortunately, it has't been processed yet
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by yusaf
i applied for undergraduate funding as i will be starting the 2nd year of my full-time course

i was asked to send 'eligibility evidence' as my refugee leave to remain expired. so i sent in my new original ILR card back on 10th june 2019. unfortunately, it has't been processed yet

Okay, we're processing ID and residency evidence within 4 working days so this should have been processed by now. Have you had any update since then?

If you would like us to check your account and application please contact us on Facebook or Twitter for an update.
Thanks, Tégan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending