x_nr
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Im currently applied to a Criminology and Law degree as i think it would be more interesting and its predominantly coursework so i think i could do really well in it.

However, i know that if i want to go into Law i would have to take a Law conversation after the degree.

I was thinking of going through the paralegal career and i’ve been told that most the time the company you work for pays for your law conversion later.

Is this a good idea? Or is LLB Law better?
x_nr
Rep:
?
The uni im going to only has straight law as the qualifying degree.

Is the hassle of a law degree worth saving a year which i would otherwise spend doing the conversion.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by x_nr)
The uni im going to only has straight law as the qualifying degree.

Is the hassle of a law degree worth saving a year which i would otherwise spend doing the conversion.
What exactly is the "hassle" of a law degree? If you don't want to study law, just do straight crim.

I am not sure why you'd want to do crim. Do you think it means criminal law and not just daft stuff about penology and ethnomusicology?
Duane2501
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As above, why is a law degree 'hassle'? Isn't it more hassle to effectively cram a law degree into 1 year with the GDL? I would do the qualifying degree then choose the optional modules I was interested in.
x_nr
Rep:
?
(Original post by Duane2501)
As above, why is a law degree 'hassle'? Isn't it more hassle to effectively cram a law degree into 1 year with the GDL? I would do the qualifying degree then choose the optional modules I was interested in.
Yeah this is true. I’ve been told different things from different people and ultimately got confused with random information being thrown at me.

I’ve contacted the uni to change my course which should be possible. Law on its own seems easier than converting - especially as i can work out what part im interested in overtime.

thanks for ur help
x_nr
Rep:
?
I did apply to ones but didn’t get in. But thanks
Duane2501
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by x_nr)
Yeah this is true. I’ve been told different things from different people and ultimately got confused with random information being thrown at me.

I’ve contacted the uni to change my course which should be possible. Law on its own seems easier than converting - especially as i can work out what part im interested in overtime.

thanks for ur help
No problem, good luck with it all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (205)
43.71%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (54)
11.51%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.68%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (99)
21.11%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.23%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.76%

Watched Threads