Is 7 IGCSE's and two AS level too much? Please read everything and advise me :(

Watch
retajalshafeii
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello! I am a 16 year old student who is planning to do these subjects on my following school year.

Math (Edexcel IGCSE)
Sociolgy (CIE IGCSE)
English (CIE IGCSE)
English Lit (CIE IGCSE)
Biology (CIE IGCSE)
Business (AS CIE)
Economics (AS CIE)

I've just gotten my IGCSES results and this is what they were:

English- A
Business- A
Economics A
Biology- B
English Literature- B

I'm currently going into year 12 and have decided to resit English, English Lit and Biology because i really didn't study for any of those exams. I just went in with the knowledge i had from class and compressed study guides so i could do better. Along with that, I will be taking on Math's (Edexcel) and Sociology (CIE). I will be taking on 2 AS subjects which are Business and Economics, both Cambridge Syllabus.

Is it too much? I am a very hard worker when I want to be and I've already revised the entire English Lit Syllabus for 2020 (the drama and prose are the same as last year). As for Biology I'm also really good at it but got really drained during exams due to my home environment being really bad.

What do you think?
cocobean123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey there.. I think if you are willing to work hard to get all these qualifications I think you should be fine.. I did an A level and 8 GCSEs this year.. it is difficult but like I said if you work hard and stay on top of your work I think you should be fine..
retajalshafeii
Rep:
?
(Original post by cocobean123)
Hey there.. I think if you are willing to work hard to get all these qualifications I think you should be fine.. I did an A level and 8 GCSEs this year.. it is difficult but like I said if you work hard and stay on top of your work I think you should be fine..
thanks! If i could ask, how was your study schedule like? I've heard A levels are a whole other level than AS!
Lacianaaaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by retajalshafeii)
Hello! I am a 16 year old student who is planning to do these subjects on my following school year.

Math (Edexcel IGCSE)
Sociolgy (CIE IGCSE)
English (CIE IGCSE)
English Lit (CIE IGCSE)
Biology (CIE IGCSE)
Business (AS CIE)
Economics (AS CIE)

English- A
Business- A
Economics A
Biology- B
English Literature- B

I'm currently going into year 12 and have decided to resit English, English Lit and Biology because i really didn't study for any of those exams. I just went in with the knowledge i had from class and compressed study guides so i could do better. Along with that, I will be taking on Math's (Edexcel) and Sociology (CIE). I will be taking on 2 AS subjects which are Business and Economics, both Cambridge Syllabus.

Is it too much? I am a very hard worker when I want to be and I've already revised the entire English Lit Syllabus for 2020 (the drama and prose are the same as last year). As for Biology I'm also really good at it but got really drained during exams due to my home environment being really bad.

What do you think?
Hey! I’d say yes personally that is quite a lot, as A level is a huge jump from GCSE. I didn’t realise myself until starting it and completing it, but if your hardworking and motivated I believe you could do it!

I’d say the main skill you need for A level is organisation!! For instance make a time table for when you would revise at home and how many hours you’d like to do. There are also apps as well that can generate you ones! It’s always best as well to try and read a little ahead so you can understand things more and not fall behind within classes.

But also remember to not overload yourself with work! Make sure you have breaks or some one off days to yourself so you don’t burn all your motivation and energy!

Hopefully this was helpful to some degree !
Ailurophile03
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Math (Edexcel IGCSE)
Sociolgy (CIE IGCSE)
English (CIE IGCSE)
English Lit (CIE IGCSE)
Biology (CIE IGCSE)
Business (AS CIE)
Economics (AS CIE)

English- A
Business- A
Economics A
Biology- B
English Literature- B

What do you think?
not at all mate, i did the same, i gave rest of my gcse in jan 2019 and my 2 AS in may
retajalshafeii
Rep:
?
thanks a lot I think im going to go for it

(Original post by Ailurophile03)
not at all mate, i did the same, i gave rest of my gcse in jan 2019 and my 2 AS in may
retajalshafeii
Rep:
?
bump
Ailurophile03
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thanks a lot I think im going to go for it
happy to help
btw i also did igcse!
retajalshafeii
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ailurophile03)
happy to help
btw i also did igcse!
thats great to hear
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (42)
14.63%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (93)
32.4%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (36)
12.54%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (24)
8.36%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.92%
I think it's an unfair expectation (72)
25.09%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.05%

Watched Threads