Soteria3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Any authors similar to the novels written by Rick Riordan?
username4914582
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tamora Pierce is pretty good, but the books are not as funny. Heard good things about Artemis Fowl, but never read them. Might be worth checking Goodreads.com , which could help you find similar books. If you liked the fantasy elements, you could try something like Lord of the Rings or the Inheritance Cycle. Replied to this post cause I saw Rick Riordan, and I absolutely loved those books when i was younger!
Soteria3
Rep:
?
(Original post by JanusGodofDoors)
Tamora Pierce is pretty good, but the books are not as funny. Heard good things about Artemis Fowl, but never read them. Might be worth checking Goodreads.com , which could help you find similar books. If you liked the fantasy elements, you could try something like Lord of the Rings or the Inheritance Cycle. Replied to this post cause I saw Rick Riordan, and I absolutely loved those books when i was younger!
Same here, I have read LOTR, Inheritence series, Artemis Fowl is worth th read. Was searching for something along the line of these.
Started Pegasus by Kate'O'Hearn now
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Soteria3)
Any authors similar to the novels written by Rick Riordan?
Hello

http://rickriordan.com/rick-riordan-presents/

On Riordan's website there's a subsection called 'Rick Riordan Presents' which aims to find people similar books they might enjoy if they have previously enjoyed reading the Percy Jackson books :yep:

There's also sequels to the Percy Jackson series including Heroes of Olympus and Trials of Apollo (fourth book for Trials of Apollo is released sometime in October/November). By the way if you haven't read them already they're super fun reads :yes:.
The Kane Chronicles and the Magnus Chase series (both trilogies) are also related to the main demigod world as well (both worth a read).
Soteria3
Rep:
?
red all of 'em
Catriona23
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Artemis Fowl, Pegasus, the Magisterium Series by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black. In fact everything by Cassandra Clare (her big shadow hunter series inspired the Netflix series)
Soteria3
Rep:
?
will look into it. currently started Pegasus. it's pretty good
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (59)
4.57%
Uncertainty around my education (199)
15.43%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (143)
11.09%
Lack of purpose or motivation (183)
14.19%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (58)
4.5%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (72)
5.58%
Loneliness (114)
8.84%
Financial worries (45)
3.49%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (59)
4.57%
Exposure to negative news/social media (59)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (68)
5.27%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (113)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (118)
9.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed