The Student Room Group

Is anyone still in Clearing?

How are you feeling?

We are still here to answer questions so let us know and we can help you
Do additional vacancies tend to open up?
I’m...I accepted their offer on the 15th of August with the condition I accept it within 48 hours.Still no confirmation! I hope it is today, I need to update my student finance...
I'm also awaiting confirmation of the Clearing choice I added on Thursday (after receiving a verbal offer)
Original post by aspiringbiomedic
I’m...I accepted their offer on the 15th of August with the condition I accept it within 48 hours.Still no confirmation! I hope it is today, I need to update my student finance...

Heya, I would give the uni a ring to get an update :smile:
Original post by Kerry333
I'm also awaiting confirmation of the Clearing choice I added on Thursday (after receiving a verbal offer)

I would also call the university just to make sure everything is okay :h:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I would also call the university just to make sure everything is okay :h:

I called Manchester and they said they are still working through matching up everyone with their qualifications. They had also missed a letter in my email address which is why I'd not had an email confirmation. I feel so much better now, thanks Puddles!
Original post by Kerry333
I called Manchester and they said they are still working through matching up everyone with their qualifications. They had also missed a letter in my email address which is why I'd not had an email confirmation. I feel so much better now, thanks Puddles!

Great :yay: Now you can relax and start lopoking forwards to freshers!! :yay:
Reply 7
Is there a reliable way to see the clearing places left as the list on UCAS states certain courses but when you go the universities websites they say all clearing places have gone and have been saying that since Thursday afternoon so cannot be an updating issue?
Original post by kateo13
Is there a reliable way to see the clearing places left as the list on UCAS states certain courses but when you go the universities websites they say all clearing places have gone and have been saying that since Thursday afternoon so cannot be an updating issue?

There is a thread here which you may find useful?

Hope this helps,
Harriet :smile:
Third Year Photography Student and Student Ambassador
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
How are you feeling?

We are still here to answer questions so let us know and we can help you

Hi, I know the self release from your firm into clearing is pretty much instant and you don't need permission from the university. However, is this the same for clearing. I have the choice to decline my place, but am leaving it to the end of my verbal offer so they can check all the details they wanted to comb through before guaranteeing I would be accepted. What I don't want to happen is an hour before my offer expires for then have to wait for the uni to confirm me declining the clearing place. Also, is there a time limit on how long the self release button will be available for in clearing?
Original post by kateo13

UCAS relies on the unis telling them when their courses are full, so if they don't keep UCAS up to date, this is what happens. The uni websites are more accurate than the UCAS website

Quick Reply

Latest