Simran04
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi guys,

I've recently just quit my apprenticeship because I did not enjoy it at all but now when i want to update my CV I don't know if I should put the job role or write apprentice and then the job role. I don't want future employers to look at that on my CV and see that I only did the apprenticeship for 3 months. What do you think I should do?
Adz2042
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Simran04)
Hi guys,

I've recently just quit my apprenticeship because I did not enjoy it at all but now when i want to update my CV I don't know if I should put the job role or write apprentice and then the job role. I don't want future employers to look at that on my CV and see that I only did the apprenticeship for 3 months. What do you think I should do?
what were you doing in your apprenticeship?
I'd put the skills and qualities you gained from your apprenticeship, but if asked in interview why you didn't finish it, say you learned enough from it, and wanted to put those skills into action more frequently. - or something along those lines.
I did an apprenticeship for only 6 months, but I still talk about it.
Simran04
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Adz2042)
what were you doing in your apprenticeship?
I'd put the skills and qualities you gained from your apprenticeship, but if asked in interview why you didn't finish it, say you learned enough from it, and wanted to put those skills into action more frequently. - or something along those lines.
I did an apprenticeship for only 6 months, but I still talk about it.
I did my apprenticeship in Software Testing but i left it because i didn't like it and i want to go find something in another sector (don't know what yet) so i wouldn't be able to say that i learned enough and wanted to progress.
Adz2042
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Simran04)
I did my apprenticeship in Software Testing but i left it because i didn't like it and i want to go find something in another sector (don't know what yet) so i wouldn't be able to say that i learned enough and wanted to progress.
ahh fair enough.
feel free to check our Coursera for free courses on a whole variety of topics, just to rebuild your skill-set up.
Hope you find what you want to do in life soon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads