Joining clubs or socities at University Watch

Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
University is a place where you have the opportunity to learn and progress in your chosen subject area, while under the tuition and guidance of experts in the field

This alone makes the student life more than worthwhile, but even better are the opportunities offered by Clubs & Societies; the opportunity for life-long friendships, sporting success and personal growth :worm:

Here are 5 reasons to join a Club or Society:

Social: The most common way for people to bond in a university environment is through Clubs & Societies that are set up by students and supported by the union. Membership offers you the opportunity to meet people with common interests.

Enrichment: Being part of a student led Clubs & Societies can be an enriching experience. You owe it to yourself to at least try them out.

Healthy life style: Clubs & Societies promote healthy living via exercise and being social.

Networking: You will have the opportunity to meet and network with other people with similar interests, forming working partnerships, lifelong friends or even finding that special one.

Extra-Curricular: They look great on applications, setting you apart from the crowd and helping towards that dream job.

When I moved from Ireland I joined the Gaelic football teams which met the high standards of those I played at home. Hundreds of male and female Irish students from all three of the city’s universities flock to both Greenbank and Wavertree Parks just off the student area of Smithdown on Saturday and Sunday mornings to take part in the Higher Education Gaelic sports.

Being a part of the Gaelic team at Hope University and part of the wider Irish community in Liverpool has made my experience at University rewarding, but also comforting. Knowing that there are others that have also moved over and share the same experiences is a great addition if you ever feel homesick. You have an Irish community there to support you.

Why not try something new, you might just find something that stays with you throughout your entire life!

Ruth :zorro:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (15)
9.68%
Disagree (11)
7.1%
Neither agree or disagree (50)
32.26%
Agree (59)
38.06%
Strongly Agree (20)
12.9%

Watched Threads