The Student Room Group

Do you have sixth form entry requirements?

Poll

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

It's GCSE results day week here, and all of you will be looking ahead to the big day on Thursday.

You are all different and will be hoping for a different set of results but what kind of pressure do you have on you from schools, six forms and colleges?

Do you have grade requirements you need to meet for your sixth form/college?
Original post by Evil Homer
It's GCSE results day week

Ah jeez.

Spoiler

Reply 2
Yup. For the subjects I want to do at A-Level I need at least a 7. And the rest I need a 6. So hopefully I’ve got that
Reply 3
At my school's sixth form, they expect GCSEs at grade 5. But at the grammar school sixth form, they expect 6 GCSEs at grade 6 or above. And also, for both, a pass in maths and English.
Reply 4
Original post by Evil Homer
It's GCSE results day week here, and all of you will be looking ahead to the big day on Thursday.

You are all different and will be hoping for a different set of results but what kind of pressure do you have on you from schools, six forms and colleges?

Do you have grade requirements you need to meet for your sixth form/college?

They differ from subject to subject at my school

e.g. 4 in any English and 8 in Maths to take Further Maths
My sixth form was attached to my school (grammar school) so it was pretty rare to be turned away if you had attended the school but regardless you still had to pass an interview.
I think you needed 5 A*-C GCSEs and then a B in the subjects you wanted to take for A-level. There were some exceptions such as for things like maths and physics you needed an A at GCSE and for stuff like history if you had a B in english you could do it.
Being honest in my school there was noone for whom getting 5 A* - C would be a problem we had a 100% pass rate for that and a 70 something pass rate for A* - B
If I want to take A Level Maths, Physics and Chemistry I'll need 5 GCSEs including English and Maths. I'll need a grade 4 in English Language, Grade 6 in Maths and Grade 6-6 in Science in order to do these subjects. Hopefully I got these well I think so. I feel like I've got a 5 in both English GCSEs, a Grade 8 in Maths and a Grade 7-7 in Science. Hope I get smashing results and everyone else who has taken their GCSEs this year. Good luck class of 2019.
we need at least five 5s including English and Maths and 6s in the subjects we want to study, but 7s are needed for some subjects like maths and the sciences.

Quick Reply

Latest