Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone watch that programme on the woman with 7 personalities? i thought it was well creepy! She just switches into different characters...i must say though, the personality known as Adam was really cute...i cannot believe her voice actually sounded like a little kids! does anyone know what im on about? or was i the only person that watched it...? it was on channel 5!

Lots of Love,
    Anne-Marie
    xxXxxXxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    it was on channel 5!
    That explains why i didn't watch it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enigmatic)
    That explains why i didn't watch it
    lol, but you should've watched it! the woman couldn't have a full time job because of the illness, she just switches into any personality at any time...it was well freaky!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't watch it, but i would have wanted to. Maybe my psych teacher recorded it or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    Did anyone watch that programme on the woman with 7 personalities? i thought it was well creepy! She just switches into different characters...i must say though, the personality known as Adam was really cute...i cannot believe her voice actually sounded like a little kids! does anyone know what im on about? or was i the only person that watched it...? it was on channel 5!

Lots of Love,
    Anne-Marie
    xxXxxXxx
    I was going to watch it, but forgot that it was on

ReputationRep:
    I missed it I guess, damnit.
    I know people like that but not as extreme, it's strange at first but you just become used to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luize)
    I missed it I guess, damnit.
    I know people like that but not as extreme, it's strange at first but you just become used to it.
    Really? Wow.

I once watched a proggy on BBC2 with a woman who could change personalities at will, and they hooked her up to a real-time brain scanning machine and asked her to change between personalities and it was really weird because her brain patterns actually changed with each one.

ReputationRep:
    It's not that uncommon, just most people can hide it. I didn't know about this person until I was told about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)

Lots of Love,
    Anne-Marie
    xxXxxXxx
    I saw it! It was really interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I saw it too! Thought it was interesting, but made me feel really sorry for her as well. But did u not thunk at the end tht she seemed to not really want to get better? :confused: Or was tht jst me....(i mean wen she said about that she would never want to see adam go). But at the same time I can see where she's coming from, cause shes sorta got to know him now. Oh well that prob all sounds really confusin. Jst wanted to answer cause i cant seem to find anyone who saw it either. :rolleyes:

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I saw that. How weird must it be though turning into a 5 year old boy when your a grown woman? It's so weird that it only started when she was at uni aswell. You would think that you would always have the condition and that you couldn't just 'get it'. It was awful that the teenagers that she turned into self harmed aswell so she had all these scars but it wasn't from her, it was from her other personalities. It must be an awful thing to live with.

ReputationRep:
    i saw it too and was a bit freaked out, but im really interested in that sort of thing. i want to know what happened to the other 'people' when they weren't part of her. it was soooo strange that they all wrote each other notes in that diary as well. she had like a whole family living in her head!!

ReputationRep:
    *misses not having tv at uni*

ReputationRep:
    buy one - it's 'educational'!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bettus)
    buy one - it's 'educational'!
    can't afford one... then theres a license...

ReputationRep:
    it had to be one of the weirdest docu's i've ever seen. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    [/QUOTE]can't afford one... then theres a license...[QUOTE]

*looks around shiftily* i probably shouldnt be saying this but i think liscensing works by radius (or thats how they detect it or something) so if someone in your building has one you may be ok without one...*runs away*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    lol, but you should've watched it! the woman couldn't have a full time job because of the illness, she just switches into any personality at any time...it was well freaky!
    Wow, that's quite weird. Was she schizophrenic or somthing?? Just that I did a mini assignment on that in psychology, perhaps she had that? But you can't tell with some people these days. How are you, btw, Anna?

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.