Not allowed a nose piercing

Watch
xsophstax
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I am at work right now, I left on my lunch break and wandered down to Claire’s to get my nose pierced. I went to the till ask them if they do nose piercings, the woman said “are you 16?” I said yes and told her I had ID if she needed it. She said I’d need a parent...

I was certain that being 16 you CAN get your nose pierced without parental consent. And I’d never heard that Claire’s had age restrictions?

I’ve not gone to a tattoo parlour before as I’m not sure if I’d be allowed to have it done there either, can someone tell me what the laws are and what I should do from here?
Hnm2001
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That’s pretty normal. You’ll need a parent or guardian with you to get a piercing up until the age of 18. When you turn 18 you just need to show your ID
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My daughter waited until she was 17, so I took her (it was on the way home) day after her birthday to a world famous piercing tatto place in resort town of Montreux, Switzerland, just in front of the amazing statue of Freddie Mercury, she paid 100.- Swiss Francs, and got a terrible job from the world-class "professional" piercer. Pics from celebs, autographs all over the studio, useless! (she claimed it was twisted, bent, not right etc etc) nice bit of gold tho'

So I think Claire's would probably do great, but why not take a parent along anyway? You might need support afterwards if they also get it (slightly) wrong
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're underage to have it done without a parent or guardian at Claires. The age restriction is 18.
XmarjdX
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Its 16 but okay go off
2500_2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xsophstax)
So I am at work right now, I left on my lunch break and wandered down to Claire’s to get my nose pierced. I went to the till ask them if they do nose piercings, the woman said “are you 16?” I said yes and told her I had ID if she needed it. She said I’d need a parent...

I was certain that being 16 you CAN get your nose pierced without parental consent. And I’d never heard that Claire’s had age restrictions?

I’ve not gone to a tattoo parlour before as I’m not sure if I’d be allowed to have it done there either, can someone tell me what the laws are and what I should do from here?
Please don't get your nose done at Claire's - they use a gun and it's really not a good way of doing a piercing well in your nose.
You are legally old enough to get it done without parental consent (or presence), so the only reason a tattoo/piercing place would say no would be their own policies. A good place will need you to book a day or so in advance rather than just turn up in your lunch hour.
tiz04
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
do not get it done with a gun!! i go to a proper tattooist and they do it with a needle from age 16 without parental permission.
Uori32qu
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why would you even want a nose piercing it just looks like you got a permanent spot on your nose
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (95)
28.44%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.17%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
18.56%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (33)
9.88%
No - I live at home during term anyway (100)
29.94%

Watched Threads