The Student Room Group

foundation year vs backup uni

I didn't get the grades I needed to get into my first choice uni but I have been offered to study with a foundation year there, however my insurance choice has offered me a place without. I really wanted to go to my first choice but the course is already 5 years without the extra year and I am wondering if its worth it
Hey @af0909

Congratulations on getting into University!

I think ultimately this is a decision that only you can make. Have you tried writing a pros and cons list?

Obviously it's great that you could still go to your first choice university, but 6 years would be a long time to maintain focus and drive. So make sure that this is something you think you would be able to do before you go for this!

Good luck, whatever choice you make I'm sure it will be the right one!

Mia:rave:
Original post by af0909
I didn't get the grades I needed to get into my first choice uni but I have been offered to study with a foundation year there, however my insurance choice has offered me a place without. I really wanted to go to my first choice but the course is already 5 years without the extra year and I am wondering if its worth it

Can you tell us more information like what course is it, what grades did you get, what are the two Unis, what did you eat for breakfast??? Ok the last one probably isn’t relevant

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending