Ics learn or national extension college for a levels?? Watch

louise dixon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Could someone please advise whether we go with ICS Learn or National Extension College for A levels in English literature, History and Sociology/RE/Philosophy please
National Extension College
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by louise dixon)
Could someone please advise whether we go with ICS Learn or National Extension College for A levels in English literature, History and Sociology/RE/Philosophy please
Hi Louise,

As you haven't had any feedback yet, I just wanted to let you know that we had 100% pass rates in A level English Literature and History this year and have had some amazing feedback from our students on their experiences. We offer flexible online courses with tutor support and offer interest free payment plans. We would love to talk to you further about your study so feel free to message me on TSR, email [email protected] or call on 0800 389 2839.

Best wishes,
Charlotte
louise dixon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by National Extension College)
Hi Louise,

As you haven't had any feedback yet, I just wanted to let you know that we had 100% pass rates in A level English Literature and History this year and have had some amazing feedback from our students on their experiences. We offer flexible online courses with tutor support and offer interest free payment plans. We would love to talk to you further about your study so feel free to message me on TSR, email [email protected] or call on 0800 389 2839.

Best wishes,
Charlotte
Hello Charlotte,
Would you mind giving me any further info re breakdown of grades achieved if possible. It is already looking as if I will be choosing to study with you, but it would help the decision-making if I felt it was possible to get as good/better grades with distance learning with you than at a excellent 6th form 20 mins from my home by bus
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello Charlotte,
Would you mind giving me any further info re breakdown of grades achieved if possible. It is already looking as if I will be choosing to study with you, but it would help the decision-making if I felt it was possible to get as good/better grades with distance learning with you than at a excellent 6th form 20 mins from my home by bus
Hi Louise,

In terms of further breakdown, 84.2% of our History A level students achieved A*-C which is the same as the average across the awarding body, and 26.3% achieved A*-A which is comparable to the national average. The grades achieved reflect the amount of work put in by the students. Unlike a physical college, you will need to be motivated and structure your time well; if you study the course materials, hand in the assignments and complete the course to the standard we would ask for, you are highly likely to achieve great grades.

Best wishes,
Charlotte
louise dixon
Rep:
?
(Original post by National Extension College)
Hi Louise,

In terms of further breakdown, 84.2% of our History A level students achieved A*-C which is the same as the average across the awarding body, and 26.3% achieved A*-A which is comparable to the national average. The grades achieved reflect the amount of work put in by the students. Unlike a physical college, you will need to be motivated and structure your time well; if you study the course materials, hand in the assignments and complete the course to the standard we would ask for, you are highly likely to achieve great grades.

Best wishes,
Charlotte
Hi Charlotte, Thank you very much for this.
Could you also provide me with the breakdown for your English Literature and RS results too please

Many thanks
Louise
louise dixon
Rep:
?
Hi Charlotte,

Just in case my previous message didn't send properly, would you mind also providing me with a similar breakdown for the results achieved for English Literature and RS please.

Many thanks,

Louise
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi Charlotte, Thank you very much for this.
Could you also provide me with the breakdown for your English Literature and RS results too please

Many thanks
Louise
Hi Louise,

Yes of course! For English Literature, 63.6% of our students achieved A* - C in English Literature; this is lower that the average of the awarding body but as I said before, online distance learning is difficult to directly compare due to the age range and the completion of coursework. With regards to RS, 100% of our students got A* - C so this is higher than the national average.

I hope this helps.
Charlotte
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (40)
7.72%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (301)
58.11%
No (177)
34.17%

Watched Threads