The Student Room Group

Film / TV Production

I have just left college where I studied Creative Media Production & Technology. I want to become an editor so I am trying to find a job as a runner. I am based in the North East and I know most productions are based in Manchester or London. I just don't know where to start as I can't just move to another place right now. Is anyone else in the same situation?
Original post by Canoncactus
I have just left college where I studied Creative Media Production & Technology. I want to become an editor so I am trying to find a job as a runner. I am based in the North East and I know most productions are based in Manchester or London. I just don't know where to start as I can't just move to another place right now. Is anyone else in the same situation?

Get onto every event (and keep an eye out for new ones) with screenskills and BFI
Sign up for https://www.screenskills.com/education-training/trainee-finder/become-a-trainee/ and similar as soon as they open applciations. Email screenskills to pester them about when it will open (and what events they're planning in the north east).
Talk to your local theatres and art venues to find out if they're looking for any staff or know of any opportunities. Pester your local BBC and ITV offices about shadowing and work experience opportunities. Google local media agencies and companies - quite often there will be work in promotional video/material production even if there isn't work in tv. All companies are looking for good content for their social media channels so tapping into that and developing your editing and showreel to demonstrate that you can nail a 10 second promo is never going to hurt your CV.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending