Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    I to am envious of a culture where they feel that they do not need to discriminate against others merely because of sexual orientation.
    Hola chickadee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    No doubt, but I wouldn't go as far as saying if any at all.

Probably because you're a big country and try to act as isolationists. Although USA doesn't really pick on Britain as much as vice-versa you do exhibit similar behaviour to other countries, Canada and Mexico no doubt.
    no, we don't pay much attention to them either (sorry to dissapoint)

the only thing we have about canadians is their use of "eh?" and perhaps the blame canada song. which no-one really knows anyway, we just go around singing when something goes wrong (at least in texas) at the top of our lungs, "BLAME CANADA BLAME CANADA!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Hola chickadee!
    hola infin. and how have you been? i read your n.a. post, was about to be offended (cause i didnt think it was that funny) and then remembered it was we who screwed yall over, not the other way around!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    It's more advanced than discriminating on religion. I mean, that's been around for *centuries*!
    yes. but that doesn't happen anymore, now does it? and NO DISCRIMINATION IS MORE ADVANCED THAN ANY OTHER KIND! in the end it is all the same.....discrimination.

ReputationRep:
    hola infin. and how have you been? i read your n.a. post, was about to be offended (cause i didnt think it was that funny) and then remembered it was we who screwed yall over, not the other way around!
    LOL, yeah I think most people tend to forget we even exist let alone what was done. I've been good actually, pretty busy the last few months but things are good. How bout u?

ReputationRep:
    yes. but that doesn't happen anymore, now does it?
    Apparently, you have missed the boat that atheism is the new state religion of Europe.

and NO DISCRIMINATION IS MORE ADVANCED THAN ANY OTHER KIND! in the end it is all the same.....discrimination.
    Agreed--all discrimination is bad. I think this forum is suffering from a lack of humor tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Someone should do the inverse of this post, i.e. from an American standpoint having a pop at the British. I suspect we'll find it rather amusing.
    I've done one from my standpoint, (sorry guys, don't take it too seriously) I leave it to the rest of you to concoct somethingelse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Someone should do the inverse of this post, i.e. from an American standpoint having a pop at the British. I suspect we'll find it rather amusing.
    If I have some time Ill give it a shot. Post 14,444! hehe

ReputationRep:
    Tsi Ha! Do I here fighting again? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    LOL, yeah I think most people tend to forget we even exist let alone what was done. I've been good actually, pretty busy the last few months but things are good. How bout u?
    I've been fine. I'm in math honor society now! I think that i have gained like 5 lbs! (since i have stopped swimming, starvation is in order ) I;m in model UN, amnesty international, and have been completely been neglecting my schoolwork to do all this......

so yes. c'est la vie.

ReputationRep:
    I;m in model UN, amnesty international
    I like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiesado)
    Arbitrary dislike of entire populations of people isn't exactly harmless.
    Just because people do it out of ignorance we should condone it?
    In the form of a witty joke, it is pretty well harmless. All jokes are at the expense of something, after all, and often use exaggeration to achieve this. What most people can tell is that it's an exaggeration, and therefore shouldn't be taken seriously - hence what makes it a joke. Would you rather no-one made any jokes about America at all?

In any case, what I was pointing out is that Americans are just as guilty of discrimination and generalisations as British people are, as indeed humans are the world over.

I wish you wouldn't imply that I have an arbitary dislike of an entire population of people, when actually I have nothing of the sort, and have given no reason for anyone to think it?

ReputationRep:
    I've been fine. I'm in math honor society now! I think that i have gained like 5 lbs! (since i have stopped swimming, starvation is in order ) I;m in model UN, amnesty international, and have been completely been neglecting my schoolwork to do all this......

so yes. c'est la vie.
    Sounds like you made some great acomplishments, cool!
    Hey don't even joke about starving yourself, besides I don't 5 lbs could hurt you.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you made some great acomplishments, cool!
    Hey don't even joke about starving yourself, besides I don't 5 lbs could hurt you.
    I dont know, size 4s are now kinda tight!

ReputationRep:
    I dont know, size 4s are now kinda tight!
    Thwak! Don't make me come over there! Only a size 4...grrrrr talk to me when a 9/10 is tight.

LOL I just read your updated sig.

ReputationRep:
    Thwak! Don't make me come over there! Only a size 4...grrrrr talk to me when a 9/10 is tight.

LOL I just read your updated sig.
    hey i FINALLY got a picture! wanna see? (is eager to show, dont say No)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kew96158)
    I wish you wouldn't imply that I have an arbitary dislike of an entire population of people, when actually I have nothing of the sort, and have given no reason for anyone to think it?
    I didn't.

ReputationRep:
    hey i FINALLY got a picture! wanna see? (is eager to show, dont say No)
    No.............just kidding
    I think I have seen it already but go ahead just in case.

ReputationRep:
    No.............just kidding
    I think I have seen it already but go ahead just in case.
    ok well ill post a hc one and a regular.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    ok well ill post a hc one and a regular.
    Saw the first one before, very nice, luv your homecoming dress, very pretty.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.