CC!
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi. I'm stuck on what to put as hobbies/interests and achievements for my personal statement for veterinary nursing. I've never really been to clubs etc.
I have done babysitting, skydiving and I collect coins (including winning an award for this and moderating a Facebook group) but I'm really not sure how to link these into veterinary nursing?

Thanks.
taraalmarzooqi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CC!)
Hi. I'm stuck on what to put as hobbies/interests and achievements for my personal statement for veterinary nursing. I've never really been to clubs etc.
I have done babysitting, skydiving and I collect coins (including winning an award for this and moderating a Facebook group) but I'm really not sure how to link these into veterinary nursing?

Thanks.
maybe you could try doing some work experience or do some open university courses?
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If they don't relate then don't try to force it. Have you had any experience in the field that you could talk about?
Duane2501
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They probably don't want stuff that relates to the subject, they want to know that you have a personality as well and interests outside of the work you'll be doing. To coin a recruitment phrase show you're a 'well rounded person'. Showing that you've won award for a particular hobby is certainly a good thing.
CC!
Rep:
?
I have managed to word the award and coin collecting into it I think I am going to leave babysitting out as I don't think this will relate to this very well and as mentioned I don't want to force it. I have mentioned the week of work experience I have already done, however I am in the process of trying to sort another couple of weeks out as per the entry requirements. Although I have wrote it as if I have completed this. I would like to include the skydiving as this was on my bucket list and a good achievement. Wording it is the difficult part!

Thanks for the help!
Duane2501
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You could always make 'babysitting' into 'dogsitting'. Its kind of the same thing haha.

Not to condone white lies of course.
CC!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Duane2501)
You could always make 'babysitting' into 'dogsitting'. Its kind of the same thing haha.

Not to condone white lies of course.
Haha! I actually did pet sitting (mainly involving dogs) as part of a 300 hour placement I completed alongside the Animal Management course I achieved over the past two years. I have mentioned this in with my experience part.
Duane2501
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sounds like you'll be fine - loads of experience plus an award winning hobby. Good luck!
CC!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Duane2501)
Sounds like you'll be fine - loads of experience plus an award winning hobby. Good luck!
Thank you! I just have my fingers crossed that I can get into a veterinary practice for the required experience! Easier said than done
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (19)
5.78%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (191)
58.05%
No (119)
36.17%

Watched Threads