The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Liverpool offers so far

Here are the Liverpool offers reported by TSR members on the Big List (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6177978): Aerospace Eng x2, Aerospace Eng w Pilot Studies*, Biological + Medical Sci x3, Biol, Biovet Sci x2, Bus Man, Chem x6, Chem*, Comp Sci, Comp Sci*, Criminology, English Lit, Environmental Geosci, Evolutionary Anthro, Geog x3, History x3, History + Politics x3, Law x16, Law + Politics, Law** x3, Media + Communication, Medicinal Chem + Pharmacology, Medicinal Chem**, Microbiol x2, Pharmaceutical Chem, Pharmacology x2, Phys x2, PPE x2, Psych x6, Theoretical Phys, Town + Regional Planning, Zoology

* with year in industry/placement year/industrial year/professional placement/industrial experience/work placement/sandwich year

** with year abroad/international year
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 81
I just got an offer for Aerospace Engineering
Course: biological sciences
GCSE grades: 9, 88888, 777, 5
AS grades: AAD (the D was in Chemistry but I started the course late and I’m now doing much better and getting Bs)
Entry requirements: AAB
Predictions: AAB
Other choices: Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham and Nottingham Trent
Anyone got an interview for modern languages at Liverpool or been to one yet?? Just want to know what to expect :h:
I’ve got an offer to study history at uni of Liverpool. Anyone else interested in this history course?
Reply 85
Original post by tabes18
Course: egyptology (BA) honors > w/ ancient history. Entry requirements: ABA 4.0 percentage overall?

Other places I was thinking about are Swansea (also egyptology) & Aberystwyth (art history) >> anyone else??

Woke up this morning to an e-mail from ucas saying i got a conditional offer from UoL ayy
Reply 86
Course: Psychology
GCSE grades: 88776665B
AS grades: B in core maths
Entry requirements: ABB or BBB and A in EPQ
Predictions: AAC
Other choices: Liverpool John Moores, Uni of Sheffield, Uni of Manchester, Leeds beckett
Course: Llb Law with Politics
Grades needed: ABB
Predicted: A*BB
Offer: Yes
Why Liverpool: Because it just ticked all the boxes :smile:
Original post by Georgie__B
Is anyone looking of doing Audiology at Swansea?

I've applied and I've been invited to an Interview. Did you apply?
Original post by tabes18
Woke up this morning to an e-mail from ucas saying i got a conditional offer from UoL ayy

Aw yay well done! Is it for history?
Reply 90
Original post by EMB<3
Aw yay well done! Is it for history?

Egyptology :smile:
Reply 91
Hey I have an unconditional for Veterinary Science. Still waiting to also hear back from Glasgow so not firming just yet but I'm not sure of the likelihood of getting two vet offers.
Course: Biological Sciences (3+1) Foundation
GCSE grades: 8766554BC
Entry requirements: CCC
Predictions: BBC
Other choices: Manchester, Manchester Met, Leeds, Middlesex
Other: A in EPQ

Anyone else doing this course? I heard the college they teach the fd yr at is like half an hour to 45 mins away from the uni itself.
A couple of questions please..

1) Has anyone had an offer to study BA Business Management at University of Liverpool, and what did they offer e.g. ABB or BBB?

2) Has anyone's offer (please quote course) been lower than the advertised typical offer grades e.g. typical offer ABB and actual offer at BBB or lower?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Course: Biological Sciences (3+1) Foundation
GCSE grades: 8766554BC
Entry requirements: CCC
Predictions: BBC
Other choices: Manchester, Manchester Met, Leeds, Middlesex
Other: A in EPQ

Anyone else doing this course? I heard the college they teach the fd yr at is like half an hour to 45 mins away from the uni itself.

The course is taught at Carmel College which is approx. 30 min drive away from liv uni
Original post by bethanyrose02
The course is taught at Carmel College which is approx. 30 min drive away from liv uni

That's quite far, isn't it? Did you do the foundation year?
That's quite far, isn't it? Did you do the foundation year?

No just googled it :smile:
No just googled it :smile:

Ahh, yeah so did I. Thanks anyway.
I've got health issues which make it difficult to travel, but I really liked the uni. I'm a bit stuck as to whether I should pick Liverpool and stand the risk of dropping out, or go to another uni where fd yr is on campus, but not like it as much.. What do you think?
Ahh, yeah so did I. Thanks anyway.
I've got health issues which make it difficult to travel, but I really liked the uni. I'm a bit stuck as to whether I should pick Liverpool and stand the risk of dropping out, or go to another uni where fd yr is on campus, but not like it as much.. What do you think?

You could always live closer to the college than the uni? You then wouldn’t have the issues of travelling as much and it would probably be a bit cheaper. But then you’re risking the student aspect and being part of the uni, taking advantage of the facilities, however you do have three years to fully utilise that after the foundation. It’s all about what suits you
You could always live closer to the college than the uni? You then wouldn’t have the issues of travelling as much and it would probably be a bit cheaper. But then you’re risking the student aspect and being part of the uni, taking advantage of the facilities, however you do have three years to fully utilise that after the foundation. It’s all about what suits you

Fairs. You've got a point.
I have social and general anxiety disorder so it would be like starting over again in a way wouldn't it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending