How much do employers look at A-levels? Watch

KataB2001
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey everyone, I got my A-level results back fairly recently and they didn't go as well as hoped or expected, in fact it went rather terribly, however my Pre-U philosophy went wrong for everyone doing the course and thus teachers think the marking went wrong so they have complained and sent it in for a resit.Hopefully this will go up significantly, however if not on paper my A-level results won't look too great. Luckily my first choice uni of Nottingham still let me in but with a slightly altered course so I will still be attending a Russell Group university (not too sure why they let me in with how different my grades were to what they were asking for). At GCSE, I achieved 9,8,A*,A*,A,A,B,B so have a fairly good set of results there reflecting my studies. My question is when I have my degree from Nottingham will I have less of a chance getting a good job because of my A-level results, or would the fact that I got a degree from a good university be enough.
Duane2501
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends upon the area/employers I'm afraid. Some will, some won't. Which area of work do you intend to go into after Uni?
jc933
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got DDE in my a levels first time round. Although resat to get BCC Now I'm doing a Cancer Research PhD and getting paid to do it. I'm not sure they care past a certain point. Many applicants i beat had A's and A *
jc933
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jc933)
I got DDE in my a levels first time round. Although resat to get BCC Now I'm doing a Cancer Research PhD and getting paid to do it. I'm not sure they care past a certain point. Many applicants i beat had A's and A *
Also are you the same person who only drinks water like me. I feel like you have endured all the problems I had
KataB2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Duane2501)
It depends upon the area/employers I'm afraid. Some will, some won't. Which area of work do you intend to go into after Uni?
Thinking along the lines of law, marketing or advertising. I forgot to mention that I am going to do a Masters in something like business after so don't know if that makes a difference. I'm aware that for law they currently are quite strict on grades as there are so many people doing law but don't know about the others?
KataB2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by jc933)
Also are you the same person who only drinks water like me. I feel like you have endured all the problems I had
ahaha yeah I am. How funny!? I've never known anyone to have the same water problem as me, it's all I've ever drank really.
Duane2501
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wondered if you meant law, that's my background so I would have said yes they're important to some firms but you already seem to know that. I can't comment on the other areas but hopefully someone else can.
Results during your degree and/or a masters can compensate for poor grades although this will depend upon the University and subject, and of course the employer.
jc933
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by KataB2001)
ahaha yeah I am. How funny!? I've never known anyone to have the same water problem as me, it's all I've ever drank really.
Literally same, I've never known anyone like that. Well if you have anymore problems feel free to ask as I feel like you are living my life just a few years after me, so I've probably already encountered them. Can i just ask, do you drink more tap water or bottled water?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (9)
8.91%
Disagree (5)
4.95%
Neither agree or disagree (32)
31.68%
Agree (40)
39.6%
Strongly Agree (15)
14.85%

Watched Threads