Post Graduate loan after doing 4 year undergarduate integrated masters Watch

plinny20
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Very confused about Master's Loan. Just been accepted for one year taught masters for a professional based course. I need the postgraduate loan. However this summer I have been awarded a 4 year integrated masters that was funded on the undergraduate scheme and charged undergraduate tuition fees. . The classification given was the undergraduate one of 2:2 2:1 1st etc. and not the postgraduate masters one of pass merit etc.
It took 4 years and for which I used some undergraduate tuition fee funding for two of the years.
I am confused as to whether I am eligible to apply for postgraduate level funding or not for a one year stand alone MSc taught course- the fees are different and lower to undergraduate ones.
I find advice and the loan form contradictory and confusing. Please can anyone help. .
SFE Nihad
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by plinny20)
Very confused about Master's Loan. Just been accepted for one year taught masters for a professional based course. I need the postgraduate loan. However this summer I have been awarded a 4 year integrated masters that was funded on the undergraduate scheme and charged undergraduate tuition fees. . The classification given was the undergraduate one of 2:2 2:1 1st etc. and not the postgraduate masters one of pass merit etc.
It took 4 years and for which I used some undergraduate tuition fee funding for two of the years.
I am confused as to whether I am eligible to apply for postgraduate level funding or not for a one year stand alone MSc taught course- the fees are different and lower to undergraduate ones.
I find advice and the loan form contradictory and confusing. Please can anyone help. .
Hi there,

If you already hold a Master's Degree whether this was integrated or stand alone, you would not be eligible for a Master's Loan.

Regards,
Nihad
plinny20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thank you - kept on reading different uni sites and ** marked integrated courses that were or were not exempt and convoluted English until I was so muddled up. We have now counted our pennies and economies and summer job working and I can go ahead by living at home and commuting. I started on a Batchelors course and transferred to integrated when it seemed the way to get funding and then the masters funding came in and I stuck with the integrated masters! Now a the integrated masters course I did has been ended for new students! Hey Ho!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (9)
9%
Disagree (5)
5%
Neither agree or disagree (31)
31%
Agree (40)
40%
Strongly Agree (15)
15%

Watched Threads

Latest