Sir_Sharky
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Is founder's accommodation actually good? I'd really like to live in the building but i've heard you don't get much independence, gendered dorms, lots of rules etc.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sir_Sharky)
Is founder's accommodation actually good? I'd really like to live in the building but i've heard you don't get much independence, gendered dorms, lots of rules etc.
Hiya,

I lived in Founders in my first year of uni and absolutely loved it. The floors of accommodation are gendered but with everyone eating together in the dining hall you still meet people all the time and some of my best friends now are people who lived in my corridor and who I met in the dining hall. It's great for if you want a catered halls option rather than self-catering, though there is a pantry and fridge for each corridor where you can store food too. In regards to the rules, after 11pm you have to keep the sound down but this is mainly to let everyone sleep and you have your college card to swipe in to the building and your corridor after that time too but that's for safety more than anything.

It depends on what you want out of your halls experience really, if you mean independence in terms of cooking your own meals then yes it's catered. But otherwise I would say you're just as independent in founders as any other halls.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (19)
5.88%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (187)
57.89%
No (117)
36.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed