Cambridge College for Graduate studying History of Art

Watch
taylor9888
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,

I am applying for graduate studies at Cambridge. I hope to pursue an MPhil in History of Art. I would like to hear recommendations on which colleges to list as my preferred place of study. From my online research, I think Pembroke is my favorite. The reasons that Pembroke appeals to me is that it seemed to be smaller, has great reputation for facilities and food, is private (no tourists), and has a fantastic research library. I am also very drawn to their offering of formal halls on a regular basis and their dedication to the traditions of Cambridge (I figure, if I am going to Cambridge, I want to make the most of the experience!) Also, my proposed research is interdisciplinary, so it would be helpful to also have a strong population of medical, psychology, or gender theory researchers.

Of course, this is based off surface level research online and I am curious to hear feedback form anyone who has studied at Cambridge at either the graduate level and/or History of Art and which colleges they would suggest to apply to.

As I am looking at colleges, the most important factors are:

-Good graduate housing and facilities

-Support for international students (I am coming from the US)

-Private (no tourists)

-Dedication to excellent scholarship in History of Art

-Cultural Opportunities

-Opportunity for interdisciplinary discussion

-offers traditional Cambridge opportunities on a regular basis
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (81)
26.91%
No - I have already returned home (38)
12.62%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (60)
19.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.3%
No - I live at home during term anyway (91)
30.23%

Watched Threads