katiecatp
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I’m wanting to start at Bournemouth University and study mental health nursing but I’m worried I won’t be able to cope.

It says online that you do 37.5 hours per week in study time, lectures etc and 37.5 hours per week on placement. Almost 80 hours per week is a lot for me.

I have M.E (chronic fatigue syndrome) and am worried I won’t cope. Do you really do 80 hours per week or has the website not explained it well and the hours are more split up?

Thanks x
Anonymous #1
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by katiecatp)
I’m wanting to start at Bournemouth University and study mental health nursing but I’m worried I won’t be able to cope.

It says online that you do 37.5 hours per week in study time, lectures etc and 37.5 hours per week on placement. Almost 80 hours per week is a lot for me.

I have M.E (chronic fatigue syndrome) and am worried I won’t cope. Do you really do 80 hours per week or has the website not explained it well and the hours are more split up?

Thanks x
Pretty sure they are both separate. So you will be doing 37.5 hours a week roughly while studying, this depends on you though as you could study more or study less than the average. If you were to go on and do a placement you would be working for 37.5 hours, but you won't be studying as well because placements are either through the summer when uni has finished or for an academic year were you will not be studying for anything and then once that placement is finished you will resume your study's the next academic year.
LoreleiT
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
They are separate so you tend to do blocks in uni and then blocks in placement you definitely won’t be doing 80 hour weeks. I’m doing the masters version not at Bournemouth and we will be doing 47.5 hrs a week whilst on placement which is the most we do.
Jadarobertson
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Did you end up applying?
paub
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
its one or the other. however when essay time comes you will be doing a lot more
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?