how do I stop my girl getting so much Male attention? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
when we go out clubbing or to bars or even just for dinner she will constantly get stared at, they’ll tell her she’s gorgeous, when we are on a night out they’ll say she’s sexy and comment on her bum. Lads will come up to me and say I’ve hit the jackpot. I do think she’s a 10/10 and I think I’m average, she’s very pretty and has an amazing body (slim but curvy with a really good bum) but she wears clothes and dresses which accentuate her body giving her unwanted attention sometimes. Is there anything I can do? Should I tell her not to wear these clothes and wear baggier clothes? I just don’t like they way many men objectify her
Chief Wiggum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Personally, I'd just be pleased you have such a hot girlfriend lol.

If you want a serious answer, I guess you could explain to her that her getting so much male attention makes you feel uncomfortable, and see what her thoughts are?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
No that is controlling behaviour and slightly concerning. She is her own person and is allowed to wear whatever she wants, whether she is single or in a relationship.
It sounds like you are the one with the issue, you need to feel confident enough in the fact she has chosen you over any other guy, its not always on looks, its about you as a person and you should be secure with that. Otherwise you really should be questioning your relationship, and how committed you are to it, if you feel you have to manipulate your girl, but also if she is encouraging compliments from other guys or flirting with them, then that is not right either.

Speak to her about it basically, if there is an issue!
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's her choice, she can wear whatever she wants and do what she wants
You can't control how others see her- by trying to change her you would be controlling
Trust her, I don't see the major problem personally. As long as she is faithful to you, it doesn't matter
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It'll come across as controlling if you're asking her to wear different clothes. Just be grateful that your girlfriend is gorgeous, these guys are probably jealous.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
when we go out clubbing or to bars or even just for dinner she will constantly get stared at, they’ll tell her she’s gorgeous, when we are on a night out they’ll say she’s sexy and comment on her bum. Lads will come up to me and say I’ve hit the jackpot. I do think she’s a 10/10 and I think I’m average, she’s very pretty and has an amazing body (slim but curvy with a really good bum) but she wears clothes and dresses which accentuate her body giving her unwanted attention sometimes. Is there anything I can do? Should I tell her not to wear these clothes and wear baggier clothes? I just don’t like they way many men objectify her
No don’t ask her to change her clothes because u feel insecure. Here’s what I would do if I were you- Tell her how u feel (without mentioning that u think it’s her clothes that are causing the issue). But then, ask her how she feels about guys coming up to her and ‘objectifying her’. If it’s bothering her, it might be nice for her to chat about it with you, her partner. Focus on how the attention makes her feel, what u can do for each other to make sure the attention doesn’t impact ur relationship, whether it be cutting off ur ‘friends’ who objectify her, or helping her by finding strategic exists from situations where she is uncomfortable. The objectification isn’t her fault or the fault of her clothing, make that clear to her when u tell her how u feel, and also let her know u don’t question her loyalty.
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Fatten her up with pie, chicken and mushroom was always a favourite.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The way you word the post you make the problem hers. You've got it completely the wrong way around. The problem is the other guys.
Last edited by Drewski; 4 weeks ago
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
go to burkas4U.com and buy her some new outfits and ask her to never leave the house with out them

awkwardshortguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Lock her in the basement.
karl pilkington
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you try to tell her what to wear it will damage the relationship she probably likes the attention however check her phone and social media to be sure she is faithful.
Chief Wiggum
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by karl pilkington)
If you try to tell her what to wear it will damage the relationship she probably likes the attention however check her phone and social media to be sure she is faithful.
lmao I'm pretty sure spying on her phone and social media is worse!
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nothing you can do about it. If it bothered her she wouldn't dress this way. Besides, a pretty girl will still get attention even in a shapeless raincoat or joggers.
Last edited by sinfonietta; 4 weeks ago
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Get her fat
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you have average looks, what do you give her that she wants?

If it's "Plenty" or "I'm a darn site better as an all round package than all of her previous boyfriends" then you have nothing to worry about. Regardless of the number of men that hit on her.

Because what other men think of her looks won't matter to her. What matters most is what you think of her as person. What you think of the person that she is under the skin. And that the 2 of you are compatible in a few key areas. Get that right and you're sorted. For life.
Vanessa George.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Send out her naught pictures but edit them to make her look fat. Nobody likes a fat girl x
JoshDarnIt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Y'know what man, I used to struggle with this in the past. It led to me being quite controlling at times and invoked feelings of jealousy inside me. Take it from me brotha, you can't change the outcome of this situation. You gotta accept that your girl is a babe and that'll likely cause her to get male attention. Don't sweat it tho, cos it's you she's with isn't it? So what's the problem? Don't let yourself be controlling. Your girl isn't your possession so don't treat her like she is. She's free to dress how she wants. Ofc you can express your concerns to her about it, but don't tell her what to do. If any guys come up and flirt with her, let them know she's already taken. You don't have to be a d*ck about it tho, that's not alpha.

So to sum everything up, you can't stop your girl from getting male attention. Accept it, recognise it's you she's with and be grateful
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by karl pilkington)
absolutely do NOT do this. This is both controlling and manipulative behaviour (emotional/psychological abuse), what will come next...
Anonymous #4
Report 4 weeks ago
This would work with muslim girls or other religious girls. But if shes not she wont care or understand ur point of view.u cant control a women and they will see it as sexist eventho u are coming from a good place personally as a female I would take it on board and dress more modestly if I loved and respected someone instead of accusing him of misogyny but that's just me. Wont work
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
This would work with muslim girls or other religious girls. But if shes not she wont care or understand ur point of view.u cant control a women and they will see it as sexist eventho u are coming from a good place personally as a female I would take it on board and dress more modestly if I loved and respected someone instead of accusing him of misogyny but that's just me. Wont work
R/notlikeothergirls
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (5)
9.62%
Disagree (4)
7.69%
Neither agree or disagree (15)
28.85%
Agree (18)
34.62%
Strongly Agree (10)
19.23%

Watched Threads