Reapplying to Medicine after CCC at A level - options?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
drsagittarius
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello everyone,
Firstly congratulations to all those who have got into medicine! I wish you all the very best for the coming years x

Unfortunately, I missed my offer to study medicine at uni. During exam season, I was diagnosed with depression and ended up getting CCC. I was predicted AAA. I achieved 8A*s and 3As at GCSEs so as you can imagine, CCC was very shocking.

Last year my UKCAT score was poor having scored 635. I am planning to do my UCAT next month and have started preparing already.

I plan on applying to Bristol, King's, Sheffield/Exeter and Southampton.

What would you say are my chances?
Is there anywhere else I should consider applying?
Sheffield/Southampton?

Thank you so much for your time!
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you re-sitting A-levels?
Otherwise you don't have the grades (unless you can meet a foundation course offer)
drsagittarius
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
Are you re-sitting A-levels?
Otherwise you don't have the grades (unless you can meet a foundation course offer)
Yes ofc! I can't apply with CCC so I'm resitting all my a-levels
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by drsagittarius)
Yes ofc! I can't apply with CCC so I'm resitting all my a-levels
Find out which of the med schools accept re-sits (supposedly 18 do) and compare their application process (UCAT/GCSE heavy etc)
Splishsplash
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi drsagittarius, Take a look at the thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5622970 which is useful for pointers which medical school to apply for. From your list Bristol looks at UCAT scores only so if you haven't at least a 700 average, don't bother. Kings accept resits but may view them unfavourably against 1st timers according to their web page. Let any uni know about your special circumstances. Apply strategically according to your strengths. Your previous UCAT score was sufficient to satisfy Plymouth for instance so don't despair if you don't hit high scores. Good luck.
kekedoyouloveme?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi! i got ACC one mark of a B for biology and I only wanted to resit one a level which was chemistry initially i was applying to med schools w AAB and extenuating circumstances

so we're all kinda in the same boat..

I would ideally only like to resit one a level but for me I think it would just be two a levels
kekedoyouloveme?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello everyone,
Firstly congratulations to all those who have got into medicine! I wish you all the very best for the coming years x

Unfortunately, I missed my offer to study medicine at uni. During exam season, I was diagnosed with depression and ended up getting CCC. I was predicted AAA. I achieved 8A*s and 3As at GCSEs so as you can imagine, CCC was very shocking.

Last year my UKCAT score was poor having scored 635. I am planning to do my UCAT next month and have started preparing already.

Sheffield/Southampton?

you should look at anglia ruskin too but add that incase your top 5 fail!

im applying to aston anglia ruskin and sheffield!! and then pharmacy at ucl and biomed at brighton just incase i dont get the offers for med next year!
xxstudent
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello everyone,

Sheffield/Southampton?

Hey what did you end up doing?
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This thread is a year old, so has been closed - OP is unlikely to reply after a year so please make a new thread if you'd like to continue the discussion
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
29.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.01%
No I am happy with my choice (61)
54.95%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.31%

Watched Threads