The Student Room Group

A warm approach at a Wedding on Girl I met at her house.

I went to my Cousin sisters husband house for dinner and pre-wedding gathering.
There's a girl who is older than me that I like.
I spoke to her older sister but in a slight bit of hesitation did not get a chance to meet her.

The Wedding of the older sisters brother will take place and she is bound to be there.
I am Extremely confident that she will be there but I'm not sure how I will go about approaching her.
Any suggestions?
Should I go up to her mum or older sister and get them to introduce her or should I go up to her directly?
We have not met yet. We have only exchanged looks and smiles.
Go for it!! Go up to her mum/dad/brother whoever :h:
Good luck :biggrin:
Original post by HumbleBee_x
Go for it!! Go up to her mum/dad/brother whoever :h:
Good luck :biggrin:

Original post by an8581096
I spoke to her older sister but in a slight bit of hesitation did not get a chance to meet her.

The Wedding of the older sisters brother will take place and she is bound to be there.
I am Extremely confident that she will be there but I'm not sure how I will go about approaching her.
Any suggestions?
Should I go up to her mum or older sister and get them to introduce her or should I go up to her directly?

Have you spoke to each other/introduce yourselves?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Have you spoke to each other/introduce yourselves?

No, I've only shook her hand once we left.
She offered me water a lot, possibly sensing I'm Thirsty.
It's best to be friendly at a wedding and to talk to and introduce yourself to all the guests. It doesn't matter what order you do them in. Just do it in the order that you come face to face with people.

There's nothing wrong in asking really obvious questions when introducing yourself at a wedding, such as "Hi, I'm an8581096. I'm the groom's cousin on his dad's side... So, how do you know the bride or groom?... Where did you have to travel from to get here?..."

It's one of those times where it doesn't matter much how you chat and introduce yourself to everyone. It's more important that you actually do so.

And, of course one of the people that you will talk to at some point will be this attactive young woman.
There's a high chance that there will be other attractive available women there. Talk to them as well.
No, I've only shook her hand once we left.
She offered me water a lot, possibly sensing I'm Thirsty.

Try to catch her when she's alone at BEST. Just say something like 'Hey, I didn't quite catch your name' and boom, conversation started.
If she's with her mum or sister, just talk about something and get the girl involved.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
It's best to be friendly at a wedding and to talk to and introduce yourself to all the guests. It doesn't matter what order you do them in. Just do it in the order that you come face to face with people.

There's nothing wrong in asking really obvious questions when introducing yourself at a wedding, such as "Hi, I'm an8581096. I'm the groom's cousin on his dad's side... So, how do you know the bride or groom?... Where did you have to travel from to get here?..."

It's one of those times where it doesn't matter much how you chat and introduce yourself to everyone. It's more important that you actually do so.

And, of course one of the people that you will talk to at some point will be this attactive young woman.
There's a high chance that there will be other attractive available women there. Talk to them as well.

I'm only Focused on the one Girl because I've been to her house and she is LIKELY to know me better than the others because of Family circle.
I'm only Focused on the one Girl because I've been to her house and she is LIKELY to know me better than the others because of Family circle.

Right. Go for it. There's nothing to lose or regret.

Yeah, but it's good social etiquette at a wedding to talk to everyone and not just to the person you fancy the most.

There's certain social norms. And if you're the one cheerful outgoing guy that's talking to ALL the guests, then this more likely to create a good impression on her and her family than if you latch onto her like a limpet to a rock.

"Slowly slowly catchee monkey"

And if things don't work out between the 2 of you, it'd be a shame if you passed up the chance to introduce yourself to other available women that will be there.
And the more you build her up in your head, the more you are likely to come over at below your natural best when you do talk to her.

Any suggestions?

Depends on the culture of you/your parents/her family, and how confident you are etc. Nothing wrong with talking to someone though.

All the best :wink:
Reply 10
How does this sound?

'Hey, so I never got the chance to introduce myself to you, my name is Bla Bla and you must be' ?
How does this sound?

'Hey, so I never got the chance to introduce myself to you, my name is Bla Bla and you must be' ?

Sure, but do throw in a couple of compliments too :biggrin:

Quick Reply