3498kinvara
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Just researching roles at this point and quite interested in the nursing role however i already have a degree so have used 3 years of student finance would this mean unsuitable to apply for student nurse role which involves studying at Birmingham
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 3498kinvara)
Just researching roles at this point and quite interested in the nursing role however i already have a degree so have used 3 years of student finance would this mean unsuitable to apply for student nurse role which involves studying at Birmingham
Wouldn’t apply as a) as a military student, fees are covered by the military or b) as a civilian, as nursing attracts funding even if you’ve done a previous unrelated degree.
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi
If it's the Student Nurse route you want to take you can apply, slots are limited and it's very popular (for obvious reasons). The role has literally just opened for applications, so if you want to apply I'd advise putting an application in now, otherwise it will be another year before you can do again. You can register for it and be advised when it opens in that time though.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
3498kinvara
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by RAF_Adam)
Hi
If it's the Student Nurse route you want to take you can apply, slots are limited and it's very popular (for obvious reasons). The role has literally just opened for applications, so if you want to apply I'd advise putting an application in now, otherwise it will be another year before you can do again. You can register for it and be advised when it opens in that time though.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Thank you for the response i have just looked at the entry requirements for student nurse route and it says 120 ucas points from higher education, can this include AS levels or is it just A levels
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you for the response i have just looked at the entry requirements for student nurse route and it says 120 ucas points from higher education, can this include AS levels or is it just A levels
Hi

It's taken from your three best qualifications, so if you have A levels you can't use an AS.
The best thing to do is check via the link on the role page on the RAF Recruitment website (in the Education requirements section at the bottom of the page) as that links to Birmingham City University who administer the course and they can provide you with full details of what they will and won't accept.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.74%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.13%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.75%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.07%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.93%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.37%

Watched Threads