Can mris really detect nicotine usage? Watch

Aaminah.1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’ve been having mixed conversations with people about what an mri can or can’t see and some people who’ve been in the radiology department say that they can’t see if you’ve been using nicotine but others say that if you use nicotine it increases a certain hormone in your brain. Like I said, mixed convos. What do you guys think?
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
An MRI is looking at the structures in the body - how on earth could it detect the presence of a chemical?
Aaminah.1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by black tea)
An MRI is looking at the structures in the body - how on earth could it detect the presence of a chemical?
My bad I thought I replied to this. I was told that apparently nicotine usage causes a certain hormone to remain active in the brain, and can be seen on an mri, which allows the doctors to see that it could’ve been triggered by nicotine. But I thought that couldn’t that hormone have been triggered off by something other than nicotine?
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Aaminah.1)
My bad I thought I replied to this. I was told that apparently nicotine usage causes a certain hormone to remain active in the brain, and can be seen on an mri, which allows the doctors to see that it could’ve been triggered by nicotine. But I thought that couldn’t that hormone have been triggered off by something other than nicotine?
This is rubbish, MRIs do not detect hormones
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (169)
24.53%
Pop (170)
24.67%