40/40 model stories for GCSE English Language ?

Watch this thread
username4902456
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So my teachers have been saying to write a story beforehand with really good language devices and descriptions in it and just memories it for the exam so when it comes to the exam you just need to adapt your story to fit with the task. They said to write a story that’s good like that and very flexible but i’m struggling to come up with any ideas, or any stories that are worth more than 30 marks. Does anyone have any ideas or short stories of their own that they could share and i could take inspiration from? Just would like to know what a full mark answer even looks like and the type of stories that are extremely adjustable

S.carter
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Zeinxh)
So my teachers have been saying to write a story beforehand with really good language devices and descriptions in it and just memories it for the exam so when it comes to the exam you just need to adapt your story to fit with the task. They said to write a story that’s good like that and very flexible but i’m struggling to come up with any ideas, or any stories that are worth more than 30 marks. Does anyone have any ideas or short stories of their own that they could share and i could take inspiration from? Just would like to know what a full mark answer even looks like and the type of stories that are extremely adjustable
Honestly don’t rely on memorising a story, if you try to fit any prompt with one you already have it’ll end up pretty weird.
cathdugg
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
That's a really good idea thank you! Maybe try and set aside a time each day to sit down for say half an hour and see where that gets you? If that doesn't work then you could try going for a walk to clear your mind and get inspiration. I'd suggest a park or somewhere peaceful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (36)
33.96%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (48)
45.28%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (21)
19.81%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.94%

Watched Threads