The Student Room Group

A Level Maths and Further Maths Query

Hi,

I am writing this post to ask for further clarification of my A Level results to confirm whether the grade calculation is correct etc, and would it be worthwhile remarking anything.

I did the old A Level Edexcel (not the new specification) and these were my UMS scores):

A Level Maths UMS Scores:
Total = 510 = A*

AS:
C1 = 89
C2 = 82
M1 = 83
AS total = 254

A2:
C3 = 95
C4 = 94
M2 = 67 (51/75)
A2 Total = 201

A Level Further Maths UMS Scores:
Total = 490UMS = A
AS:
FP1 = 88
S1 = 97
S2 = 94 (70/75)
AS Total = 279

A2:
FP2 = 71 (54/75)
D1 = 62
S3 = 78 (65/75)

A2 Total = 211

I took 4 papers in this exam session: S3+FP2+M2+S2

I gather that I got the A* condition from the C3 and C4 marks.

For an A* in Further Maths, I need an A and 270 UMS in 3 modules with 2 or greater. Would it be worth remarking anything to try and get the A* - any help would be welcome.

Thank you for any help.
(edited 4 years ago)
You need over 270/300 in any 3 a-level further maths A2 modules which include any modules with a 2 or 3 after it apart from c2-4. So you s2 is an A* but you need at least 88 avg in 2 more A2 modules but unfortunetly your m2,fp2 and s3 are a fair bit short of that. Your best bet would be to retake some of these modules in jan in addition to maybe fp3 and/or s4 if you wanted to get an A* asap.
Reply 2
Original post by black1blade
You need over 270/300 in any 3 a-level further maths A2 modules which include any modules with a 2 or 3 after it apart from c2-4. So you s2 is an A* but you need at least 88 avg in 2 more A2 modules but unfortunetly your m2,fp2 and s3 are a fair bit short of that. Your best bet would be to retake some of these modules in jan in addition to maybe fp3 and/or s4 if you wanted to get an A* asap.

thank you that clarifies it much more.

are there even january sittings I am a UK student, from my understanding I thought this was the last sitting
Ah yeah you'd probably have to do new spec FM because this year was the retake year I think.
Original post by EmmaBxoxo
thank you that clarifies it much more.

are there even january sittings I am a UK student, from my understanding I thought this was the last sitting
Reply 4
sorry but do you know if the last testing session has passed?
Reply 5
sorry but do you know if the last testing session has passed?

There will be no more sittings for modular (old) spec A Level maths
Reply 6
Original post by Notnek
There will be no more sittings for modular (old) spec A Level maths

Thank you for your message.

May I kindly ask do you think I should remark any of the papers?
Reply 7
Thank you for your message.

May I kindly ask do you think I should remark any of the papers?

It looks extremely unlikely that you will get enough extra marks to get the A*. So I would say there’s not much point.

Did you miss a university offer because of your grade?
Reply 8
Original post by Notnek
It looks extremely unlikely that you will get enough extra marks to get the A*. So I would say there’s not much point.

Did you miss a university offer because of your grade?

Thanks for the reply.

In the end I decided not to remark, thank you for your help.

And no I didn't

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest