Sinead447
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hiya, I am currently studing a Degree in business Studies, but i would love to become a teacher. However, from what i know my degree only allows me to do a secondary PGCE. However i would love to be a primary teacher.

Does my degree limit me to secondary or are there other routes to do a primary PGCE with my degree?

Thank you
chatty_george
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sinead447)
Hiya, I am currently studing a Degree in business Studies, but i would love to become a teacher. However, from what i know my degree only allows me to do a secondary PGCE. However i would love to be a primary teacher.

Does my degree limit me to secondary or are there other routes to do a primary PGCE with my degree?

Thank you
Hi,
Your degree in Business Studies should not limit you to just secondary education. You can definitely apply for the Primary PGCE if that’s what you are aiming for.
I have a relative who has just qualified as an NQT in Primary education and her degree was in Business Studies originally.
Hope this helps!
Sinead447
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by chatty_george)
Hi,
Your degree in Business Studies should not limit you to just secondary education. You can definitely apply for the Primary PGCE if that’s what you are aiming for.
I have a relative who has just qualified as an NQT in Primary education and her degree was in Business Studies originally.
Hope this helps!
Thank you so much for your time, that really helps!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)
3.83%
Classical (46)
5.87%
Hip-Hop (148)
18.88%