hallby100
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by NogginNone)
Anyone got their remarking back from AQA?
I found out my result today! And my paper 3 went from 60 to 64! So got my A*, hope you all find out soon.
NogginNone
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Congrats
StudentA126
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hallby100)
I found out my result today! And my paper 3 went from 60 to 64! So got my A*, hope you all find out soon.
That’s giving me hope!! Still waiting so hopefully it isn’t too long now if you got yours back. Congratulations!!
yourGfin
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone got their remark back yet? I’m still waiting on economics being remarked and sent it off on the 15th so it’s been 8 days.
LittleWilly
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m still waiting for my biology a level with AQA. Sent all three papers back for a priority remark on results day and heard nothing. The suspenders are killing me.

Just need two more marks to get me an A grade and a university place. Could I get notified on a weekend or bank holiday?

Will results be in ucas?
StudentA126
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LittleWilly)
I’m still waiting for my biology a level with AQA. Sent all three papers back for a priority remark on results day and heard nothing. The suspenders are killing me.

Just need two more marks to get me an A grade and a university place. Could I get notified on a weekend or bank holiday?

Will results be in ucas?
The exams officer will email you : )
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LittleWilly)

Will results be in ucas?
AQA very seldom complete results over a weekend (whereas Edexcel and OCR do) and even if they do the Exams Officer would have to log in to see it and send it to you so you're unlikely to hear before Tuesday.

The results will be visible through UCAS but you'll need to tell your university to look if it changes as they probably wouldn't notice otherwise.
Luckylu
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Compost)
AQA very seldom complete results over a weekend (whereas Edexcel and OCR do) and even if they do the Exams Officer would have to log in to see it and send it to you so you're unlikely to hear before Tuesday.

The results will be visible through UCAS but you'll need to tell your university to look if it changes as they probably wouldn't notice otherwise.
Hi, when you say the results will be visible through UCAS, does that mean the offer may change?
We have been waiting not so patiently for 9 days for my daughter's Edexcel Politics priority review, term at her firm starts in two weeks so our thinking is that they are unlikely to offer her a place even if her grade changes.
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Luckylu)
Hi, when you say the results will be visible through UCAS, does that mean the offer may change?
We have been waiting not so patiently for 9 days for my daughter's Edexcel Politics priority review, term at her firm starts in two weeks so our thinking is that they are unlikely to offer her a place even if her grade changes.
Universities are meant to honour offers that are met by 31 August (though they don't always) so you've got a while yet but make sure that you tell the university that you're waiting on the results of a priority review and let them know asap if it comes back with a grade change. It normally takes at least another night before the results are visible through UCAS so the university may ask you to get the school to confirm the grade change to speed things up.
ForeverYoungx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How many marks is your daughter off from the next grade? Because her firm starts in 2 wks, she may be considered for the course if the remark goes well! I think Edexcel May take a few more days to get back, since it is priority remark. If there is a change in grade, then email the uni and attach any paper work demonstrating the change? Or forward email that the school gave? Good luck, hopefully it goes well!
Luckylu
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Compost)
Universities are meant to honour offers that are met by 31 August (though they don't always) so you've got a while yet but make sure that you tell the university that you're waiting on the results of a priority review and let them know asap if it comes back with a grade change. It normally takes at least another night before the results are visible through UCAS so the university may ask you to get the school to confirm the grade change to speed things up.
Thanks for your help, we did ring on results day and they said they would review the situation when we have the results back. It's St Andrews though and as they don't do clearing or adjustment I am thinking all places and accommodation will be sorted by now with little room for manoeuvre. Still, fingers crossed!
LittleWilly
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If priority remark is not completed by 31st August, can I get a refund?
Luckylu
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ForeverYoungx)
How many marks is your daughter off from the next grade? Because her firm starts in 2 wks, she may be considered for the course if the remark goes well! I think Edexcel May take a few more days to get back, since it is priority remark. If there is a change in grade, then email the uni and attach any paper work demonstrating the change? Or forward email that the school gave? Good luck, hopefully it goes well!
It was 6 marks which we thought was a big ask but the paper came back today with 11 more marks! St Andrews have now accepted her. Our only concern is ending up with poor or more expensive accomodation because everyone else has already been awarded theirs.
ForeverYoungx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It was 6 marks which we thought was a big ask but the paper came back today with 11 more marks! St Andrews have now accepted her. Our only concern is ending up with poor or more expensive accomodation because everyone else has already been awarded theirs.
OH MYYY Congrats!! I’ve also had a successful politics remark too!! Sooo happy 🎉🎉

In regards to accommodation, contact the uni and see what’s on offer. I understand tho majority of the good accommodations would have been taken by now. But on the bright side, your daughter got in 🎉🎉

Good luck to your daughter!
Sandydowell
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i missed out on my firm choice at Manchester for also being 1 mark from an A in Psychology i was predicted an A* kind of disappointing . I sent in priority remarks for one of the papers on results day and still haven’t heard anything back which is confusing. Have any of you heard anything back?
ForeverYoungx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sandydowell)
i missed out on my firm choice at Manchester for also being 1 mark from an A in Psychology i was predicted an A* kind of disappointing . I sent in priority remarks for one of the papers on results day and still haven’t heard anything back which is confusing. Have any of you heard anything back?
I’m waiting to hear back as well!
StudentA126
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sandydowell)
I was also 1 mark off an A in psychology AQA. Sent 2 papers for a remark and each paper increased by 2 marks (so overall 4 mark increase). I sent the papers via a priority review on the 15th and heard back on the 28th. Everyone from my school has heard back from AQA now so might be worth checking with your exams officer?
Sandydowell
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That’s so relieving , congrats!! I’ve emailed my exams officer but doubt i’ll here anything back until tomorrow as it’s a Sunday. Still hoping for the best 😊
(Original post by StudentA126)
I was also 1 mark off an A in psychology AQA. Sent 2 papers for a remark and each paper increased by 2 marks (so overall 4 mark increase). I sent the papers via a priority review on the 15th and heard back on the 28th. Everyone from my school has heard back from AQA now so might be worth checking with your exams officer?
daytrippper
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a refund? Also, I had all 3 papers remarked, both paper 1 and 3 increased (got me an A) and paper 2 stayed the same. Overall my grade went up and changed to an A. Do I just get refunded papers 1 and 3 or do I get a full refund of all 3 papers?
StudentA126
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by daytrippper)
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a refund? Also, I had all 3 papers remarked, both paper 1 and 3 increased (got me an A) and paper 2 stayed the same. Overall my grade went up and changed to an A. Do I just get refunded papers 1 and 3 or do I get a full refund of all 3 papers?
You would get a refund for paper 1 and 3. It depends, I received the refund a day or so after my exams officer emailed me my remark results. But my friend had to wait 3 days. I think I read somewhere that it can take up to 28 days, but I could be misleaded.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (66)
66%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
21%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed