The Student Room Group

Co-op foods interview

I have an interview for a Customer Team Member in a few days and was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the interview process is like. Seen some stuff online but it’s all years old so I’m not sure if it’s the same. What’s the rate of pay for 17 year olds also, thanks!
Reply 1
Hi! I don't know about the pay rate but I've given an interview for co-op, but I was unsuccessful. I don't remember all of the questions but they were your run of the mill job interview questions, just google it and go through some blogs. They stressed on leadership though and asked me how I would deal with different situations regarding my team and what would I do if I had to act in the interest of the company even though I didn't agree with it personally, and examples of such experiences I've had in the past. Overall they tended to focus on leadership and team work questions. Hope this helps!
Original post by Anon2325
Hi! I don't know about the pay rate but I've given an interview for co-op, but I was unsuccessful. I don't remember all of the questions but they were your run of the mill job interview questions, just google it and go through some blogs. They stressed on leadership though and asked me how I would deal with different situations regarding my team and what would I do if I had to act in the interest of the company even though I didn't agree with it personally, and examples of such experiences I've had in the past. Overall they tended to focus on leadership and team work questions. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the help!
Reply 3
Original post by jasontesfaye
Thanks for the help!

How did it go?
Original post by Pop,pop
How did it go?

Pretty good I would say. The questions were easy and she said I’d hear back either Sunday or Monday.
Pretty good I would say. The questions were easy and she said I’d hear back either Sunday or Monday.

Did you get in?
Original post by joeged123
Did you get in?

Well yes and no. Basically the woman who interviewed me phoned and said I had gotten the job but then she offered contracted hours that I couldn’t do because it clashes with when I’m at uni. I told her that then they phoned me back in 10 minutes and told me I had been placed on “hold” which means I’ll get the next available job when they’re hiring again...which is pretty annoying.
Well yes and no. Basically the woman who interviewed me phoned and said I had gotten the job but then she offered contracted hours that I couldn’t do because it clashes with when I’m at uni. I told her that then they phoned me back in 10 minutes and told me I had been placed on “hold” which means I’ll get the next available job when they’re hiring again...which is pretty annoying.

Oh that's pretty bad, I'm currently trying to get an interview at the co-op, what's the interview like?
Original post by joeged123
Oh that's pretty bad, I'm currently trying to get an interview at the co-op, what's the interview like?

Really straight forward 1-1. They first ask you two questions:

“Tell me about yourself”
“Why do you want to work for the Co-Op”

These questions aren’t scored so you don’t really need to say much.

Then they ask you 5 questions which are scored. The questions they asked me were

“Tell me a time you had to meet a deadline”
“Tell me a time where you had to work as part of a team”
“Tell me a time you to pass on important information”
“Tell me a time when you were put in a position of trust”
“Tell me a time where you had to be more confident than usual”

It was really informal and nothing to stress over. Also, on the email inviting you to the interview it says it’ll take about an hour, which is complete *******s lmao. My interview lasted 15 minutes, if that.
Really straight forward 1-1. They first ask you two questions:

“Tell me about yourself”
“Why do you want to work for the Co-Op”

These questions aren’t scored so you don’t really need to say much.

Then they ask you 5 questions which are scored. The questions they asked me were

“Tell me a time you had to meet a deadline”
“Tell me a time where you had to work as part of a team”
“Tell me a time you to pass on important information”
“Tell me a time when you were put in a position of trust”
“Tell me a time where you had to be more confident than usual”

It was really informal and nothing to stress over. Also, on the email inviting you to the interview it says it’ll take about an hour, which is complete *******s lmao. My interview lasted 15 minutes, if that.

Thanks mate, this is really good help to start thinking about the interview style <3
what were your answers to the questions if you don't mind me asking, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending