izz22576
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hii, i’m 17 years old and i’ve got work experience in a barristers chambers.

Tomorrow i’m going to be shadowing a barrister in a murder trial in court. I’m really excited however i’m a bit nervous as i don’t really know what to expect as i’ve never been to court before😬

Could anyone give me any information as to how everything works and what i’ll be doing?
james_law
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You'll likely sit behind the barrister and just observe. All you really need to know is to stand when the judge enters and leaves, but you'll be directed by the courtroom staff as and when you need to do that.

Your barrister will make sure you do and dont do stuff so dont worry too much. Just sit back, relax and enjoy it.
JessThomas6
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Listen to what your barrister says, but know you can't make notes, and can't be on your phone at all. Just take in everything, it's an amazing experience to have!
izz22576
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by james_law)
You'll likely sit behind the barrister and just observe. All you really need to know is to stand when the judge enters and leaves, but you'll be directed by the courtroom staff as and when you need to do that.

Your barrister will make sure you do and dont do stuff so dont worry too much. Just sit back, relax and enjoy it.
(Original post by JessThomas6)
Listen to what your barrister says, but know you can't make notes, and can't be on your phone at all. Just take in everything, it's an amazing experience to have!
Thank you guys for your responses! I feel a lot more relieved now aha.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?