UK to end freedom of movement for EU citizens on day one of Brexit Watch

LittleX
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Free movement for EU citizens will end on day one of a no-deal Brexit, under new Home Office plans – despite warnings of chaos and of people trapped in legal limbo.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9064376.html

Sounds like it's going to be fun!

Although I really hate what left-wing politicians did with EU in last couple of years (trying to build a superstate, central planning, trying to overrule nations, political correctness, etc. I think no deal is a wet dream of all American lobbyist even there is an alternative of EU (but media are not allowed to talk about it - obviously).

What do you think?
z-hog
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's one of those administrative nightmares waiting around the corner, it may well be given a stay of execution for a shortish negotiated period. Of course 'freedom of movement' will end with Brexit, that is the freedom to come over and obtain employment or social welfare automatically and it will be reciprocated by the EU with regard to UK citizens on the continent. There's nothing controversial about it, it will end as much as being subjected to the Euro courts. It doesn't in any way mean there will be no more immigration from the EU area, it will just have to meet the new rules whatever they will be.
Last edited by z-hog; 4 weeks ago
sachinisgod
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Good
z-hog
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LittleX)
Although I really hate what left-wing politicians did with EU in last couple of years (trying to build a superstate, central planning, trying to overrule nations, political correctness, etc. I think no deal is a wet dream of all American lobbyist even there is an alternative of EU (but media are not allowed to talk about it - obviously).
Nobody wants no-deal, even if there is one party saying there can't be one The question is simple: what if no-deal is the only way to leave the EU? Where does that leave us?
Last edited by z-hog; 4 weeks ago
ijrtoibh'eroi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I do sincerely hope the EU punishes the UK hard to show they aren't just going to stand by as populist degeneracy spreads
Last edited by ijrtoibh'eroi; 4 weeks ago
J0n3zviper
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Who else just doesn't care either way? Brexit or no Brexit I'm past giving a shyte tbh
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LittleX)
Free movement for EU citizens will end on day one of a no-deal Brexit, under new Home Office plans – despite warnings of chaos and of people trapped in legal limbo.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9064376.html

Sounds like it's going to be fun!

What do you think?
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is supposed to be ardently opposed to superstates? OK.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by z-hog)
Nobody wants no-deal,
Plenty of people do... especially the extremist government currently in power and their American paymasters.
The question is simple: what if no-deal is the only way to leave the EU? Where does that leave us?
It isnt, as has been demonstrated.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by J0n3zviper)
Who else just doesn't care either way? Brexit or no Brexit I'm past giving a shyte tbh
Sadly, birying your head in thevsand won't make the nightmare disappear.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (24)
6.54%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (211)
57.49%
No (132)
35.97%

Watched Threads