The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Best gyms in cardiff for a cardiff university student.

Hello there,

Which are the best gyms you think a student should go to? I checked the website of the university's own gym and it says for a gold membership it costs about 350£. Is this the price for students or non-students? because I saw in another forum that the price was about 150£ for students but that forum dated back to 2011 or so.

Any information you can provide will be very helpful.
Thanks!
Hi,

I plan to go to the gym too but the Uni gym (as you said £350/year) is too expensive for me so I will go to Pure Gym which is £15/month (no contract, you can cancel anytime) so that would be £190 (edit: + £10 joining fee) for an entire year. There are three PureGyms in Cardiff and they have 4.3, 4.4 and 4.7 stars out of 5 on Google. I plan to go to the Central one as it's less than 2 miles away from the uni. The central PureGym seems to be pretty big. That gym is at the Cardiff central station but it's so close you could drive there via nextbike.

Cardiff Uni actually has an agreement with nextbike - we can have a free annual membership and drive for free for 30 mins per trip. From then on you pay an additional £1 per 30 mins but never more than £10 per day. But you will take less than 30 mins for the ~2-4 mile drive so it will be completely free.

Here you can see the gyms :smile:

https://www.google.com/maps/search/cardiff+pure+gym/@51.4814189,-3.1931547,12.26z
(edited 4 years ago)
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Life_Order
Hi,

I plan to go to the gym too but the Uni gym (as you said £350/year) is too expensive for me so I will go to Pure Gym which is £15/month (no contract, you can cancel anytime) so that would be £190 (edit: + £10 joining fee) for an entire year. There are three PureGyms in Cardiff and they have 4.3, 4.4 and 4.7 stars out of 5 on Google. I plan to go to the Central one as it's less than 2 miles away from the uni. The central PureGym seems to be pretty big. That gym is at the Cardiff central station but it's so close you could drive there via nextbike.

Cardiff Uni actually has an agreement with nextbike - we can have a free annual membership and drive for free for 30 mins per trip. From then on you pay an additional £1 per 30 mins but never more than £10 per day. But you will take less than 30 mins for the ~2-4 mile drive so it will be completely free.

Here you can see the gyms :smile:

https://www.google.com/maps/search/cardiff+pure+gym/@51.4814189,-3.1931547,12.26z

Thanks for the help! wish u all the best at uni :biggrin:
the gym ( the franchise ) has a branch in city centre- 5 mins walk from senghenydd court, so close to main campus & they have a student offer for 109£ for 9 months , around 12£ a month .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending