The Student Room Group

Accommodation confused!!

There is an accommodation i have requested through uni... it’s modern and nice and i get a flat with first year students. But, in the building there are other students from other years!I also found a private accommodation that can guarantee first year flatmates!My issue is.. the private one is a lot nicer and i don’t really know the difference between the two accommodations because they are kind of both the same but one is in association with the uni! Is there a difference! Is the one provided by the uni the same as ‘halls’! I don’t really inderstand and i am confused on where to stay!!Thankss
If it's provided by the Uni and you pay through the Uni then it's the "halls "
If it's private and you'd be paying someone else then it's not part of the halls
Original post by S124
There is an accommodation i have requested through uni... it’s modern and nice and i get a flat with first year students. But, in the building there are other students from other years!I also found a private accommodation that can guarantee first year flatmates!My issue is.. the private one is a lot nicer and i don’t really know the difference between the two accommodations because they are kind of both the same but one is in association with the uni! Is there a difference! Is the one provided by the uni the same as ‘halls’! I don’t really inderstand and i am confused on where to stay!!Thankss

If either accommodation you will get a mix of all years (as private accommodation also rarely has specific blocks for different years), so it doesn't really make a difference to you. The private hall (not owned by the university) is likely to be more expensive than the university-owned hall though, so you might want to keep that in mind.
Both are viable options but it's also best to keep in mind that with private accommodation you are also getting added extras such as on site gyms and use of any other facilities that the site has that university halls might not include or charge extra for using.

Quick Reply

Latest