Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Searching for a place to stay with flatmates for a year in Exeter starting in September. I wasn't able to find anything at the uni, as I am returning for a master's degree and its accommodations prioritize undergrads. If anyone is still looking themselves or knows of someone who is, send them my way.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Searching for a place to stay with flatmates for a year in Exeter starting in September. I wasn't able to find anything at the uni, as I am returning for a master's degree and its accommodations prioritize undergrads. If anyone is still looking themselves or knows of someone who is, send them my way.
Try this
https://student.spareroom.co.uk/
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://www.unitestudents.com/exeter...lected=19%2F20
https://www.unitestudents.com/exeter...lected=19%2F20
Veles
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm in the same situation, all the rooms available are way over budget for me. I've contacted a load of landlords on studentpad but they either say they're booked up or just ignore me.
It's getting frustrating. Is it normally like this at Exeter? Lol
RTExeter
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm an international student looking for accomodation starting in September as well but it's very hard to find something? Are you still looking or perhaps found something and got a place to fill? Please let me know, all tips are welcome.
Veles
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RTExeter)
I'm an international student looking for accomodation starting in September as well but it's very hard to find something? Are you still looking or perhaps found something and got a place to fill? Please let me know, all tips are welcome.
I've had the same trouble as you. Fortunately I've got a place now, but only because my parents were able to bail me out and get somewhere over-budget. I reached out the uni beforehand and this is what they said;

Dear - - - - ,

Thank you for your enquiry

I am sorry you have been having trouble with finding private accommodation. We currently do not have any accommodation on campus but I hopefully can provide you with some additional areas to research for private accommodation.

You may wish to view our webpage on 'student housing' for tips about how to look for private housing within the city and what to consider within your search. It also includes a list of some of the purpose-built residences in the city offered by larger providers. This type of accommodation is very similar to university accommodation.

Other websites to consider are:
- StuRents

- Home Stay

- Gumtree

- News Now Classifieds

- Student spare room

- Spare room

- Pads for students

- Property Pigeon

- Easy roomate

- Room buddies

- Rightmove Students

I hope that the response above offers you sufficient information, however if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.45%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.9%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.9%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (68)
26.67%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.43%

Watched Threads