Friends and family all think my ex will come back... don’t know what to believe. Watch

Lisa.maria.lia
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’ve known this guy for years, he liked me since high school. Started seeing him after high school, for a while on and off nothing serious. But I went my own way as I thought he wasn’t serious, turns out he was. Anyway I had a baby, he still wanted to keep seeing me, be friends etc I just kept rejecting him. So he disappeared for a while and I wasn’t worried, didn’t care. He came back after I broke up with my sons father and we got together again. We were soo happy so much more serious than before he was constantly talking about marrying me buying me presents etc. But then he would start to change he went away for two months to his home country (he is Muslim too) which also made things difficult as he’s not supposed to be in a haram relationship (sin) and his family were pressuring him to marry. He kept saying he wants to marry me. Anyway long story short, he broke up with me came back, things were good again. Then Ramadan came things were good but he wasn’t seeing me for religious reasons of course. I converted around that time for my own reasons not because he made me. Then he started changing his mind about marrying me, broke up with me came back with flowers wants to marry me, broke up with me again came back. Said he wants to marry me again then again 3 weeks later broke up with me. Only this time he changed his number. He’s threatened this before and not done it. He would always say he was done forever everytime but this time he changed his number too. Anyway all my friends and family think he will be back plus I have some friends from the same country as him and them and their parents all say men from their background always do this then come back? Very confused. All I really want to ask is are they just saying all of this and it’s rubbish or should I actually listen to all my friends and family that think he’ll be back.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I doubt you will hear from him again, unless he messages you to say goodbye.
It sounds like he is from a family of religious traditionalists and wants to remain on good terms with his family.
Often that means complying with the long established tradition of marrying someone within the extended family.
Doing anything else usually results in being shunned by traditionalist relatives and disinherited by parents.
Lisa.maria.lia
Rep:
?
I don’t really think that’s the reason, I’m friends with many people from his culture and as long as I’m Muslim it’s not a problem. And he wanted to marry me too he also said they would like me, I don’t believe family is the reason he has broken up with me. And that’s not really true about the extended family. As I said I have many friends from this culture and even lived with them for a time. I’m best friends with a neighbor from the same culture, who’s mum claims that all men from their culture do this. That’s what my point was. Didn’t say it was about his family as it’s not.
Lisa.maria.lia
Rep:
?
When I say she says they all do this I mean she says they all leave cold turkey no sign of coming back then come back. And he’s done it many many times before over the course of 7 years.
Lisa.maria.lia
Rep:
?
I’m just wondering if I should believe my family and friends as they are all close to me and know. A lot about the relationship? And I don’t think they would want to hurt me by giving me false hope?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (29)
6.92%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (245)
58.47%
No (145)
34.61%

Watched Threads