HMRC HO/O Compliance Caseworker July/Aug 2019 Watch

InWaiting
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by tjfavoured)
Now got a provisional offer for Nottingham EO, surprised it came through so quick. Reserve list- 09/09, Provisional Offer -13/09
That’s brill congrats. Now you just need to wait for all the checks to go through. It seems that offers are coming out for Nottingham first.
Motherofgreys
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi all! Hoping to get some advice! I've recieved a provisional offer for Nottingham, and have sent off my paperwork now.. But reading through all these threads (especially the belfast one!) is making me nervous - one thing especially! Someone said they had a provisional offer but this was revoked, as it was apparetly given by accident - as they hadn't provided evidence of qualifications... I swear I've never been asked to provide evidence of mine? Has anyone else?
Probably worrying for the sake of worrying but just want some reassurance, as I really want this job! Thanks
Enterprise717499
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Motherofgreys)
Hi all! Hoping to get some advice! I've recieved a provisional offer for Nottingham, and have sent off my paperwork now.. But reading through all these threads (especially the belfast one!) is making me nervous - one thing especially! Someone said they had a provisional offer but this was revoked, as it was apparetly given by accident - as they hadn't provided evidence of qualifications... I swear I've never been asked to provide evidence of mine? Has anyone else?
Probably worrying for the sake of worrying but just want some reassurance, as I really want this job! Thanks
Evidence of qualifications? Only way a provisional offer can be revoked is if a criminal record check comes back as unsatisfactory.
Motherofgreys
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Enterprise717499)
Evidence of qualifications? Only way a provisional offer can be revoked is if a criminal record check comes back as unsatisfactory.
oh fair enough! Trying to find the actual quote about the offer being revoked but I can't anymore, it might have been on a different thread (not compliance caseworker one)! Have you ever had to put in your qualifications though or bring them to an interview for this role?
InWaiting
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
oh fair enough! Trying to find the actual quote about the offer being revoked but I can't anymore, it might have been on a different thread (not compliance caseworker one)! Have you ever had to put in your qualifications though or bring them to an interview for this role?
I wasn’t asked to provide proof of qualifications and I certainly didn’t take any with me to the interview. I also can’t see anything on the job advert that mentions minimum qualifications required.

For another role that I applied for that did state a minimum qualification requirement in the advert. I was asked to take proof of my qualifications to the interview.
Last edited by InWaiting; 2 months ago
Motherofgreys
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by InWaiting)
I wasn’t asked to provide proof of qualifications and I certainly didn’t take any with me to the interview. I also can’t see anything on the job advert that mentions minimum qualifications required.
Me neither! Okay that has relaxed me a bit more thanks! Just now the wait for checks to be completed - hopefully won't be too long!
Enterprise717499
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No. Only professional/technical roles require proof of qualifications, but even then, they don’t rely on your certificate for proof. They have an internal mechanism for checking the authenticity of the qualifications.
Motherofgreys
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Enterprise717499)
No. Only professional/technical roles require proof of qualifications, but even then, they don’t rely on your certificate for proof. They have an internal mechanism for checking the authenticity of the qualifications.
I probably just got my threads confused! thanks
SweetRobin
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I interviewed for the HO post in May (Nottingham) and was placed on the waiting list. Have received a provisional offer today.
Those that have received offers, which documents were you asked to complete to progress the security checks?
ambertron
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi got a provisional offer for Nottingham just wondering what checks they do as it says dbs employment health and fraud check? What’s the fraud check ?
RLL92
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi all. I’ve just received my provisional offer for Nottingham. I’m just trying to complete the online form for I think DBS checks but I keep getting driving license number invalid. I’ve put my license number many times in different ways but still getting the same error. Anyone getting or had the same problem? Can I just leave that bit out and say I don’t have a valid license just so I can submit the online form?
Motherofgreys
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RLL92)
Hi all. I’ve just received my provisional offer for Nottingham. I’m just trying to complete the online form for I think DBS checks but I keep getting driving license number invalid. I’ve put my license number many times in different ways but still getting the same error. Anyone getting or had the same problem? Can I just leave that bit out and say I don’t have a valid license just so I can submit the online form?
Hi! I'd give them a ring if you have any numbers, otherwise yeah just put that - but try to chase it up asap! Did your offer come through today?
Kevinchan255
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RLL92)
I encountered this issue when I was completing the from earlier this year, the data capture in that is a bit funny. I put my driving license number in but I took out the last number. It shouldn't affect much as I'm already in.
RLL92
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Motherofgreys and Kevinchan255 thanks for your reply. Have received a reply back from them just now telling me what I was doing wrong. They said there should be 16 characters but system wasn’t accepting it still. Portal have finally accepted it when I put in a 15 character license number. I don’t know if that’s alright, but at least that’s done and dusted now. Hopefully there should not be any problem 😁
Hope9876
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anymore offers for anyone? Seems they have all been for Nottingham so far.
Motherofgreys
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bit164)
Just received my ho results for Nottingham I got 5554 and 4444 guess it will be quite a wait!
Nottingham seems to be getting offers out quite quickly so I wouldn't be so sure! mine was for officer rather than higher so it might be different but fingers crossed for you!
Motherofgreys
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks! I really hope so. Which office have you applied to?

Also i have accepted a provisional offer for the eo grade, does anyone know if I have to withdraw from this to be given a provisional offer for the heo grade?
Also Nottingham! And not a clue sorry!
Adam_LN
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
@bit164
I asked this very question at interview, I was advised that the HO and O Posts are treated as entirely separate entities, so you won't need to withdraw in order to receive an offer for HO from the Reserve List.
Last edited by Adam_LN; 1 month ago
Adam_LN
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you, my worrying was all for nothing I just received a provisional offer for the heo role!
That's fantastic ! I hope that I won't be too far behind you.

My scores were almost the same, so fingers crossed.
Last edited by Adam_LN; 1 month ago
HowDoes1Do
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What salary did they offer for officer grade? Bottom of the pay band?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (62)
32.8%
Spring (35)
18.52%
Autumn/Fall (46)
24.34%
Winter (36)
19.05%
I love them all equally (10)
5.29%