Getting a maintenance loan as a migrant worker (EU student)

Watch
MEvaldas
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hiya, I know theres a lot of threads about maintenace loan, but I have tons of questions which need to be answered . So first things first, I want to tell you a little bit about my self : I came to london at 23 of june and started working in fast paced restaurant from 1st of july. I'm gonna keep working there during my studying (only part time though). So I already could say have worked there 2 months ( meaning I have 2 months payslips, which I heard is required). I also heard you need to work atleast 3 months full time so Im gonna keep working full time and on september... Thats it about me right now, and now to the questions: firstly what documents Ill need to provide, secondly what form will i need to assign, also will I be eligible to get a maintenance loan if I work in a fast paced restaurant, how long will this process last till I get my first term pay, and lastly how much will I be able to get maintenance loan in total, of all 3 courses,(if you are allowed to say that of course) even though Im a eu migrant worker. Thats it for now. I know its a bit mess, but if you DO have any questions relating to this matter do not hesitate to ask! Thank you very much for my help!!!
Last edited by MEvaldas; 1 year ago
SFE Nihad
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MEvaldas)
Hiya, I know theres a lot of threads about maintenace loan, but I have tons of questions which need to be answered . So first things first, I want to tell you a little bit about my self : I came to london at 23 of june and started working in fast paced restaurant from 1st of july. I'm gonna keep working there during my studying (only part time though). So I already could say have worked there 2 months ( meaning I have 2 months payslips, which I heard is required). I also heard you need to work atleast 3 months full time so Im gonna keep working full time and on september... Thats it about me right now, and now to the questions: firstly what documents Ill need to provide, secondly what form will i need to assign, also will I be eligible to get a maintenance loan if I work in a fast paced restaurant, how long will this process last till I get my first term pay, and lastly how much will I be able to get maintenance loan in total, of all 3 courses,(if you are allowed to say that of course) even though Im a eu migrant worker. Thats it for now. I know its a bit mess, but if you DO have any questions relating to this matter do not hesitate to ask! Thank you very much for my help!!!
Hi there,

These are the requirements to apply as a Migrant Worker: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/stu...igrant-workers

To get funding, you will be required to send termly evidence for each term to confirm that you are continuing to work. You can work either full time or part time, but your work needs to continue to be deemed as efficient. Marginal work will result in the loss of the Migrant Worker Status.

Can you clarify which three courses you are referring to?

Regards,
Nihad
MEvaldas
Rep:
?
Sorry I meant how much approximately i would get maintenance loan in total of 3 terms?
MEvaldas
Rep:
?
Could you explain what is marginal work
MEvaldas
Rep:
?
I read the article you sent me, Elgibility: I lived in EEA my whole life so check, Ill am living right now in England so Ill be living in England on the first day of the first academic year of your course, be planning to study a full-time course that qualifies for student finance is also done, I already have my tuitition loan, and I am working for 2 months, so I think I am eligible.

Moving on, to evidence, I can give you my employment contract, the only missing thing is last payslip, because I have July's and August's(will get this one on 25th of August) payslips.

Do you think I am eligible and would get maintenance loan this first term?
SFE Tegan
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

You don't need to provide 3 months of payslips if you do not have this, instead you would provide what you do have. You would need to have an application and have this assessed before we would guarantee your funding. If you are approved to apply as a Migrant Worker then your EU application for Tuition Fee Loan would be cancelled as all of your funding would be based on the one application.

Before we release each payment we'll need you to send a payslip to confirm your continued employment. Due to this your funding will be later than other students. The Maintenance Loan is based on your household income, you can use the Student Finance Calculator to check the maximum you could receive.

Thanks, Tégan
MEvaldas
Rep:
?
If thats the case how would I get Tutuition fee loan and maintenace loan at the same time> if that is even possible then...
Amy SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If thats the case how would I get Tutuition fee loan and maintenace loan at the same time> if that is even possible then...
Hi there,

If you have applied as a Migrant Worker we will assess you for both the Tuition Fee Loan and the Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Amy
MEvaldas
Rep:
?
So let me get this right. On May 2019 I applied as EU student for tutution fee loan, if I will apply right now for maintenance loan as a migrant worker, my EU student form will be cancelled and I will only get maintenance loan? If this is true can I apply again for tutuition fee loan, but this time as a migrant worker + maintenance loan?
Jen SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So let me get this right. On May 2019 I applied as EU student for tutution fee loan, if I will apply right now for maintenance loan as a migrant worker, my EU student form will be cancelled and I will only get maintenance loan? If this is true can I apply again for tutuition fee loan, but this time as a migrant worker + maintenance loan?
Hi there,

No, this is not correct. If you apply as a Migrant Worker, you are applying for both the Maintenance Loan and Tuition Fee Loan. Apply for this with a PN1 form, found here. Send this with all the evidence required as advised above.

Thanks, Jen
MEvaldas
Rep:
?
Am I still able to apply this year for student finance (tutuition fee loan/maintenance loan) as a migrant worker 2019/2020? Is there a deadline for it?
SFE Nihad
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Am I still able to apply this year for student finance (tutuition fee loan/maintenance loan) as a migrant worker 2019/2020? Is there a deadline for it?
Hi there,

Yes, we can still assess you for this as the final deadline is 9 months after the start of the academic year.

Regards,
Nihad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (489)
33.4%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (608)
41.53%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (299)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.64%

Watched Threads