liamcasey01
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I've been thinking about which course i'd like to take at university but haven't yet decided. I've been considering geography which I have taken since GCSE but am not sure i'll be motivated enough to continue. Is geography at uni very demanding and will it effect my social life (having to work endless nights...!). I have also been considering economics and business which I have no experience in but was thinking may be a good degree in the long run in terms of employment opportunities. I know all uni courses require lots of work and effect and so will be challenging but in terms of respectable degrees and difficulty/workload of the courses, which of the subjects might be my best option? I'm in second year of A Levels so will soon need to apply.
ab-sal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Geography I hear is one of the easiest degrees in terms of lecture frequency, workload etc. but i cannot speak for the difficulty of the content (dropped it in yr9), although if you love a subject it will never be a chore to study.
As for economics its A LOT harder as a degree than geography, both in terms of contact hours and difficulty of grasping concepts.

You are correct to mention that economics will be much better in the long run for job prospects. It has one of the highest starting salaries and 2nd highest after 5 years, just behind dentistry or medicine if I'm not mistaken. There is also that thing of geography grads just become geography teachers and that geography teachers just create more geography teachers lol. Personally I don't know why this is the case i find it a very interesting subject and also very diverse. I would love to study it if but i hate essays and also my last geog lesson was at 13 years old haha.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.45%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
13.97%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (137)
33.58%

Watched Threads