The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter freshers wristband scam??

Hi,

I am coming to Exeter this September and am a little confused over which freshers wristband to get and whether they are legit or not.

I found one called Exeter Freshers Fortnight which seems to include a club night with famous artists.

I also found one on the Exeter official website

As far as I am aware each wristband offer events at different venues but I'm not sure which is better to get as they are both pretty expensive and I want to be sure they are not a scam.

Thank you for your help :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I am coming to Exeter this September and am a little confused over which freshers wristband to get and whether they are legit or not.

I found one called Exeter Freshers Fortnight which seems to include a club night with famous artists.

I also found one on the Exeter official website

As far as I am aware each wristband offer events at different venues but I'm not sure which is better to get as they are both pretty expensive and I want to be sure they are not a scam.

Thank you for your help :smile:

Can’t tell you which to get, but I had the same experience in London

There’s the official band from the uni, which will be for all the campus events and nights in the SU bars.

The Exeter Freshers Fortnight is an attempt by the clubs around Exeter to get you to go, and I personally wouldn’t buy this one.

Out of the two, if you were getting one, the official one is the safe bet. Speaking to Exeter friends, the SU events are pretty good, plus it’s legitimate and not some random company trying to steal some of your student loan. Further, it also supports your SU by buying it.

Can honestly tell you that you won’t be able to go to every event every night, by Wednesday you’ll fancy a night in, and the freshers buzz has somewhat fizzled out by week 2.... buy tickets to the specific events you know you want to go to, and that your new friends are going to. Nothing worse than them all going to the SU one night, but you going to a club because you want to get value from the wristband.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Dont get the freshers wristbands. The wristbands for Exeter are for clubs like Move, Cavern, and Phoenix. Those are not the main clubs you'll be going to at Exeter. The main clubs are Time Piece (also referred to as TP), Unit 1, and Fever. Half the people I spoke to when I was a fresher last year didnt even go to half the events!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending