I’m finding dating hard and meeting women?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Jordanxox96
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Obviously if you are a top 20% male, ie a naturally muscular/big bodied guy, you will have no problem using any method to get a girl. I think it is impossible to find a girlfriend if you are a guy who is out of school, under 30, and not a top 20% male in terms of physical attraction.

So what about the rest of the 80% of the male population?

These are the only ways I can think of to find a girlfriend:

A) through school. Unfortunately I am past this stage of my life.

B) dating apps/sites. Again, this only works for top 20% males, unless you want to drop your standards so much that you go out with a girl that you don't even find attractive enough to have a desire to get together with. For guys over 30, there is SOME chance of meeting a girl through dating sites/apps, because some 30+ year old girls want long term relationships and they realize that top 20% guys are only going to pump and dump them. But again, that is not my age range, as girls under 30 do not operate like that.

C) Clubs/bars. Again, only works if you are a top 20% male. It is a hollywood myth that clubs/bars are where you pick up girls. Girls go there to dance with their friends, they don't want to be bothered by guys. They will, of course, make an exception if a top 20% guy asks them out. I mean for the older crew, people older 30, maybe there is some chance of meeting a girl at a more quiet bar, but yea, that is not my age range.

D) Cold approaching. This method is dying daily, due to the emergence of dating sites/apps. Again, it will work if you are a top 20% male, but otherwise you will be considered a "creep" if you do this. Why on earth would a girl give you a chance when she can sort through 17 000 top 20% males on tinder on her smartphone and pick the hunkiest one who will drive to her in 15 minutes. Girls don't want to be bothered in public, they don't like to be picked up in public. Their mindset while in public is "automatically say no if a guy hits on you" because they don't want to be picked up in public, especially at the gym, they all wear earphones for this reason. They will of course, make an exception if a top 20% male comes their way.

E) through public group activities ie sports or volunteer groups. Well, for my age range (mid 20s) there are not many people doing this, I found that it is for older people, ie older than 30. I even signed up for some stupid volunteer crap, yet we got put into groups and there was not a single datable girl in my group so I wasted my time. I can't just spend the rest of my life wasting my time joining these stupid groups that I don't even enjoy while desperately swinging my neck left and right trying to find potential girls and trying to formulate ways to get close to them at the right time and place and try to not ask them for their number too early because it would be "creepy" yet not too late because by that time you are friendzoned AND you have to find her attractive enough AND she has to find you attractive enough AND she has to be single.

F) through friends. This only works if you have a LOT of friends. I already had friends before and never met a girl, if anything you are competing with your friends to get any single girl that appears. And now I don't have friends because I don't want to be with a bunch of guys who have girlfriends while I don't, and I just can't stand people so I can't change who I am to become that super social guy who has dozens of fake friends who are always harassing you for favours 24/7.

I am starting to think that it is borderline impossible to find a girl. I think I will end up as those 30 something year old guys who will finally get a wife with extensive sexual history who wants him for his money/career/stability while cheating on him.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your defintion of a top 20% male is not the same as mine. I'd also speculate that a high enough proportion of women wouldn't share your definition either.

It's quite easily possible to be outside of the top 20% of men phsique and facial bone structure wise and still be comfortably inside the top 20% of men as an all round package as a boyfriend.

I am outside the top 20% looks wise and yet I have a girlfriend. Most of the men that I know that have girlfriends or wives are outside the top 20% looks wise.

There's a lot to be said for having a girlfriend with an extensive sexual history. She will know a sexually compatible man when she finds one. There's nothing wrong with a woman setting minimum standards in the financial stability of her husband or long term boyfriend. Financial incompatibility is the leading cause of divorce - according to some surveys.

If I were in your shoes I'd be exploring the possibility of going to a Matchmaker. For my tastes an international one.
I'd also be continuing my ongoing process of self-improvement. Plus I'd be looking to increase my sales skills, including the ability to close sales.
And above all I would keep reminding myself not to take it all too seriously. That life is fun. That setbacks are often funny when you reflect on them afterwards. If I found myself getting discouraged I'd give myself a mental slap round the face and tell myself to keep moving forward positively.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Why don't you try being in that top 20% and you will have no problem whatsoever. Also try going on holidays and enjoy meeting new people.
Arcaneballs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why do you even think about sexual interactions/relationships using war-like strategies? - Stop thinking about it that way. If it has to happen, it will happen.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As you say unless you're above average attractiveness or have superb repartee it doesn't just land on a plate for you. You have to work hard, be resilient and maintain a positive attitude in the face of adversity. I know it's not easy though. Your detailed analysis does display a somewhat negative attitude and the quip about the gold digging sexually experienced wife isn't so engaging a trait. Get some guidance from more successful friends, play to your strengths, work on your weaknesses and keep going and you will make your own luck.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jordanxox96)
I am starting to think that it is borderline impossible to find a girl. I think I will end up as those 30 something year old guys who will finally get a wife with extensive sexual history who wants him for his money/career/stability while cheating on him.
Aaaand here's where you turn into an idiot.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Arcaneballs)
Why do you even think about sexual interactions/relationships using war-like strategies? - Stop thinking about it that way. If it has to happen, it will happen.

Speaking of strategy and stuff, i've always had this idea of a new pokemon game ... but with women instead of Pokemon. and Instead of "gotta Catch em all" it's now "gotta bang em all" And instead of a 10 year old boy from Pallet town going out into the big wide world to catch Pokemon, you're a 21 year old kissless virgin from east london who has just discovered the PUA community. Instead of a pokedex you get a womandex, and you're looking to sleep with every type of woman to fill up your dex. asians, portoricans, spannish, bbw's, nymphos, dwarphs, ...etc

The main villians of the game are TeamStop-It
a large group of Radical Feminists intent on stopping all things fun and enjoyable [for males]

It would be a lit game. As controversial as it gets, with all the strategic elements of the pokemon games included:

East Asian men weak against white women

White men strong against east Asian women

etc... etc....

meh, maybe i'll make it one day if I ever learn to code......
Last edited by ANM775; 1 year ago
Arcaneballs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ANM775)
Speaking of strategy and stuff, i've always had this idea of a new pokemon game ... but with women instead of Pokemon. and Instead of "gotta Catch em all" it's now "gotta bang em all" And instead of a 10 year old boy from Pallet town going out into the big wide world to catch Pokemon, you're a 21 year old kissless virgin from east london who has just discovered the PUA community. Instead of a pokedex you get a womandex, and you're looking to sleep with every type of woman to fill up your dex. asians, portoricans, spannish, bbw's, nymphos, dwarphs, ...etc

a large group of Radical Feminists intent on stopping all things fun and enjoyable [for males]

It would be a lit game. As controversial as it gets, with all the strategic elements of the pokemon games included:

etc... etc....

You would be a millionaire with all the incels around. DO EET!
mason.taylor.16
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i think people are becoming more scared to actually approach girls these days which gives you a greater chance of getting with one if you actually do it as they'll be like "omg that guy come up to me and asked me out and for my number" to their friends and nobody else is doing it so what have you got to lose least you have confidence in yourself
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)

etc... etc....

(Original post by Arcaneballs)
You would be a millionaire with all the incels around. DO EET!

I still wanna make this lol. Marks out of 10? lol https://voca.ro/1ofPw8qSi2yI
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Real women want men with dad bods
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (59)
4.59%
Uncertainty around my education (198)
15.41%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (142)
11.05%
Lack of purpose or motivation (182)
14.16%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (57)
4.44%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (72)
5.6%
Loneliness (113)
8.79%
Financial worries (45)
3.5%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (59)
4.59%
Exposure to negative news/social media (59)
4.59%
Lack of real life entertainment (68)
5.29%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (113)
8.79%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (118)
9.18%

Watched Threads