metalmay
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
hey all! I'm an international student applying to UK. i was just wondering if any of you med students out there got an offer for medicine with an average/decent (<700) ucat score. I know it's not the only selection criteria but still wanted to get an idea .. Also if you did get offers, would you mind listing the unis you got them frm? .. I have my UCAT in 10 days so kinda stressing out:<
dania.abdalla
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi!
I applied to university last year and am entering this September. Although my UKCAT score was higher than 700 I know a lot of my friends who got around the 640-680 range and got into medical schools such as Manchester, Liverpool, Cardiff etc.. I personally got offers from UCL, King's College London & Manchester.
Don't stress about your UKCAT & make sure you're calm before entering the exam because a lot of my friends did badly just from stressing too much & not being able to concentrate in the exam room. You need a cool head going in. Remember if you still don't feel prepared in the run up to the exam you can always delay it. I moved mine from the end of August to around the middle of September & it worked out fine.
Good luck
metalmay
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by dania.abdalla)
Hi!
I applied to university last year and am entering this September. Although my UKCAT score was higher than 700 I know a lot of my friends who got around the 640-680 range and got into medical schools such as Manchester, Liverpool, Cardiff etc.. I personally got offers from UCL, King's College London & Manchester.
Don't stress about your UKCAT & make sure you're calm before entering the exam because a lot of my friends did badly just from stressing too much & not being able to concentrate in the exam room. You need a cool head going in. Remember if you still don't feel prepared in the run up to the exam you can always delay it. I moved mine from the end of August to around the middle of September & it worked out fine.
Good luck
Thanks A lot!!! congrats on the offer, mind sharing the ucat score?
GANFYD
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by metalmay)
hey all! I'm an international student applying to UK. i was just wondering if any of you med students out there got an offer for medicine with an average/decent (<700) ucat score. I know it's not the only selection criteria but still wanted to get an idea .. Also if you did get offers, would you mind listing the unis you got them frm? .. I have my UCAT in 10 days so kinda stressing out:<
700 was about the 85th centile last year for UKCAT scores. It is ridiculous to suggest you need to be in the top 15% of a cohort to achieve an interview when these are already people who are applying for medicine and dentistry. Lots of people get in, even with UCAT scores <600, but you need to apply strategically
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?