What motivates you to stay alive? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
In a very non-depressing way I don’t see the point of existing anymore.

I’m not suicidal or anything, just feel very numb and emotionless and can’t seem to see the point of life.

So yeah, what motivates you to “life”?
Max1989
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That it will get better

I don't really have much else, never have, just the belief one day I will have something, not looking forward to the future, but looking forward to looking forward to the future
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

I’m not suicidal or anything, just feel very numb and emotionless and can’t seem to see the point of life.

The good and the bad things all turn your life into a story. Sometimes I have felt depressed but you always have good things and adventures to look forward to. it's a shame to end your life early and not to see where it goes.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

:tsr2: (and my work)
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As sad as it sounds, I know there's no meaning in my life presently, so I just live because I have nothing else to do. I've been given a life so I may as well live it out and find a reason or purpose to it. That's what I've come up with after 10 years or so of contemplation.
Last edited by Quick-use; 4 weeks ago
wonwoos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Mostly for my parents. Even when I feel like giving up, I just remember how hard they work and how I should work even harder to make them proud.
but i 100% feel you about feeling empty.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
Jeez you souls are depressing. I want to live because I have been given the chance at a life. Out of the millions of sperm swimming, I was chosen! God has given me this chance and I intend to make the most of it. Appreciate the uniqueness of your existence and make the most of it. Its a truly special gift.
Anonymous #4
Report 4 weeks ago
gjd800

Why do you live Mr. Twunt?
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
As sad as it sounds, I know there's no meaning in my life presently, so I just live because I have nothing else to do. I've been given a life so I may as well live it out and find a reason or purpose to it. That's what I've come up with after 10 years or so of contemplation.
That seems to be my line of thought for the last few years.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I enjoy living. Firm believer in if you are unhappy in yourself and your life then you should do whatever it takes to change it.

That's how I went from being suicidal to loving life - I continuously make changes to improve it.
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Umm, I dunno. Don't have much choice, haha 😂😂 my parents? Which on its own probably isn't very healthy.
Last edited by Obolinda; 4 weeks ago
JanusGodofDoors
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

The fact that our chances of existence are astronomically small and we only get one shot at life, makes me feel as if I need to enjoy and make good use of every second that I’m lucky enough to have. I’ll never get a second chance to be alive, so I want to make sure that I make all my time on this world count.
Fermion.
Report 4 weeks ago
I live for my dad. Just want to make him proud really.
FutureMissMRCS
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nothing.Im completely indifferent to my existence nowadays.Used to be motivated by the people in my life but not anymore.
ElNiñoo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Because we live in an age where we can travel the world, can study any degree we want to and work as anything we want to if we put in the effort. Life is fun, but it is also hard there is no denying that. However, life is what you make of it. You can be confined to one city and a ****ty little job you hate or you can get up and travel the world and aim for a career in anything.

Plus there are Game of Thrones spin offs to watch in the near future.😂
Last edited by ElNiñoo; 4 weeks ago
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
still have some goals....want to father some kids, make loads more money, drive a Tesla, graduate with my master's only two more years , going to the gym and chasing that pump, listening to Trance (Armin Van Buuren and friends for the win!).

Sorry if I sound too upbeat but yeah.
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Fear of the pain that comes along with the dying process.
bloated_utopia
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
making stuff, absorbing stuff and strange absurdity. that's really all i got at this point lol
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i really want to be around for Brexit. the pleasure of saying "i told you so" will be immense
Mabey
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I love learning, and I hope to contribute to our knowledge of physics or computer science one day. Rather nerdy I know, but it gives me a purpose I guess. I also just enjoy living.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (9)
9%
Disagree (5)
5%
Neither agree or disagree (31)
31%
Agree (40)
40%
Strongly Agree (15)
15%

Watched Threads