iainbradbury
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I’ve applied through clearing and been offered a room in halls, I’ve also found a room in private accommodation... basically I’m looking for a quiet environment where I can just get on with work, I’ve heard halls can be pretty loud at times, specially with people partying and stuff...

The private accommodation: £8500
Student accommodation: £7900

These figures are per year, both the same types of place but the private one looks much more aesthetically pleasing and I feel it will suit my needs more... anyone agree?
PamelaEAJ
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by iainbradbury)
Hi, I’ve applied through clearing and been offered a room in halls, I’ve also found a room in private accommodation... basically I’m looking for a quiet environment where I can just get on with work, I’ve heard halls can be pretty loud at times, specially with people partying and stuff...

These figures are per year, both the same types of place but the private one looks much more aesthetically pleasing and I feel it will suit my needs more... anyone agree?
Where?
Lucu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I applied for private accommodation and it defo suits my needs more.

Just make sure during freshers week you’re extra outgoing as you won’t see everyone as much compared to everybody living in halls.

Other than that having your own space while being away from home is healthy!!
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by iainbradbury)

Both private and university owned halls can be loud, so you won't necessarily escape it by choosing private. In what ways do you think private would suit your needs more?

I mean, if you don't care about spending an extra £600, then I don't see the problem.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?