Why Muslims get strictly checked in the airport? Watch

joe goldberg
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Being a Muslim, it’s really hard to be in an airport of western countries because the random security checks are norms for Muslims or even brown people. I’m not an overtly religious person but I feel bad for fellow Muslims who get marginalized in airports and made fun of if they don’t speak proper English at airport whereas Chinese don’t get this kind of treatment
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can't walk through an airport anywhere in Europe without getting stopped at least once

You just have to get on with it, security is super tight now
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gjd800)
I can't walk through an airport anywhere in Europe without getting stopped at least once

You just have to get on with it, security is super tight now
Never been stopped once. Half the time they ask me to fly the plane.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Never been stopped once. Half the time they ask me to fly the plane.
:laugh:
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by joe goldberg)
Being a Muslim, it’s really hard to be in an airport of western countries because the random security checks are norms for Muslims or even brown people. I’m not an overtly religious person but I feel bad for fellow Muslims who get marginalized in airports and made fun of if they don’t speak proper English at airport whereas Chinese don’t get this kind of treatment
welcome to the 21st century :/
Duane2501
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's the world we live in. Better to be safe than sorry don't you think?
Mustafa0605
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In the UK it’s not true. Unless you have a metal on you so the body scanner beeps, you won’t be checked.
Duane2501
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Paedo_ecolier)
Because of who the perpetrators of many recent terrorist attack have been and let's not forget ISIS
I have to agree - the stats are definitely against you so you can see the logic. That being said, I always notice loads of white people being stopped and scanned too including myself!
joe goldberg
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Why doesn’t it happen in Fubai? It’s one of the safest cities in the world cause they have detectors at the doors rather than all the hassle after that
Prussianxo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Perks of being brown. We get a nice check over before the flight to make sure we're healthy:rofl:
stoyfan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I get stopped and I am not 'brown', or muslim. I don't really think there is any way for security to tell that you are muslim as no one 'looks' muslim (unless if you wear religious clothing).

This doesn't really have anything to do with your religion mate.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
Are you suggesting theres no good reason for them to check?
Are you suggesting other people are not checked?
avacados1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Personally never been stopped or checked in the Uk
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah i always get patted down again at the airport. even as a kid. oh well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (53)
25.73%
No (153)
74.27%

Watched Threads