Failed module at second attempt Watch

Yeboiiiiiiiiii67
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So last year in my first year I failed 4 modules so I had to retake the year but just repeating those 4 modules however I failed one of those modules and I failed the subsequent resit. I have passed all the other modules though so I was wondering does this mean I can go on to second year with a trailing module or do I have to repeat another year?
Help pls
Moonschool
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you are close to the 40% mark for that module, they will sometimes let you go onto the following year.

If you're not close, you will usually have to repeat the year for that one module.

The BEST thing to do, is to email/book an appointment with your personal tutor. You can find their details on MAP. They will tell you accurate information, as different schools have different rules.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Yeboiiiiiiiiii67)
So last year in my first year I failed 4 modules so I had to retake the year but just repeating those 4 modules however I failed one of those modules and I failed the subsequent resit. I have passed all the other modules though so I was wondering does this mean I can go on to second year with a trailing module or do I have to repeat another year?
Help pls
They will let you through but if you are scraping 40% in first year and failing loads of modules you pretty much shouldn’t be at Uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (11)
5.76%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (106)
55.5%
No (74)
38.74%

Watched Threads