Warwick University Room Allocation Nightmares Watch

suffocatedsoul
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I got accepted to warwick university through clearing this year... and after reading their room allocation policies I’m absolutely terrified!

I am only able to apply for 3 en suite and 3 shared bathrooms which I don’t mind at all. What really ticked me off is the fact that I might end up in a twin room or a hall that isn’t in my choice.

I’m so scared of living in a twin room as I have had bad experiences in the past and it caused me so much stressed not to mention I am really introverted and I am those people that really need their own personal space.

Can like someone tell me their experiences with warwick’s accommodation allocations? Also, how often do people get the twin room without it being their choice?
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
it seems common in USA colleges that everyone gets a twin shared room, in UK it's fairly rare.

At Warwick for open day I was only shown their nice en-suite "hotel" class of student accom, near the medical care building. very nice.
At least you might get one of those!?, would it help to self-declare to your uni disability team (they have one, I guarantee) that you are "anxious" about sharing - they are often able to influence somehow the lottery of places, such that you might get a "quiet" room

worth a try
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Worst case scenario, you decline the offer and find private lodgings. Or swap with someone who can't afford their room.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?